96 EJ6 Exhaust System/Parts

EJ6 lover

Hello, first, let me say that i am new to this forum and forums in general, so please excuse any mistakes i may make. Im 15 and just got my first car. Its a 96 DX Coupe. Manual Trans. My exhaust really sucks and is welded together and jerry rigged all the way back. I was wondering if you might be able to pint me in the direction of an exhaust system or individual exhaust parts for my car. Im looking to go fairly cheap. I want something thats not too loud, but a little more throaty than the tiny factory pipes. If you could post a link to a site with a system that would fit my car and specifications or just even tell me the name of the system, i would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Almost any exhaust is going to be loud vs stock, my opinion is if you want throaty get an intake it makes lots of noise without making your car super loud and annoying to everyone else. Next thing I would do for decent sound exhaust but not to loud is weld a stock flange onto an aftermarket muffler and bolt it up to the axle back, my buddy bought a civic with these setup and it's not annoying like most civics with bumble bee exhaust

EJ6 lover

Almost any exhaust is going to be loud vs stock, my opinion is if you want throaty get an intake it makes lots of noise without making your car super loud and annoying to everyone else. Next thing I would do for decent sound exhaust but not to loud is weld a stock flange onto an aftermarket muffler and bolt it up to the axle back, my buddy bought a civic with these setup and it's not annoying like most civics with bumble bee exhaust
Ok. Sounds good. Would you happen to have any specific intake in mind for my D16Y7?

Lucas Mast

I have the 99 Honda Civic DX and i also have the D16y7, and i have a racing exhaust on mine and its kinda loud but still not as loud as i want it. I would just start searching websites and stores for what you can find. One website i would look at is Carid.com, amazon, ebay, protuninglab. Just type in the search engine what you want and check it out, compare prices and just go with the one you wanna spend your money on.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ok. Sounds good. Would you happen to have any specific intake in mind for my D16Y7?
Whatever is cheapest. You won't get any noticeable power out of an intake.

EJ6 lover

I have the 99 Honda Civic DX and i also have the D16y7, and i have a racing exhaust on mine and its kinda loud but still not as loud as i want it. I would just start searching websites and stores for what you can find. One website i would look at is Carid.com, amazon, ebay, protuninglab. Just type in the search engine what you want and check it out, compare prices and just go with the one you wanna spend your money on.
Yeah. Thats what ive been doing. The only problem with that, though, is sometimes i dont know if it will fit, granted if it doesnt you just cut a chunk out and weld it back together, bit id like something direct fit. I like carid and trust the site, but i joined this forum because i dont really want to rely on google searching parts for my car, you know. Lol. Id much rather verify with other people who know what theyre talking about. But, anyways, i was looking at the Spec D N1 system, but i know that it wont pair up with my stock headers so i will either but new headers as well, or maybe put a stock flange on my new pipes. Id rather spend the money to get nice headers.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can build your own mandrel exhaust for 300-500 and use quality parts.

No need for fart cans anymore. that went out years ago with body kits and wings