96 ex check engine light 3 diffrent codes.

Black96EXNC

SOHC EJ8
Car has been running fine. Rough idle when first starts then clears up. Are there any easy checks for these codes before I take it somewhere. Thanks for any and all help!

Codes: P1399
P0301
P1336

RonJ

Banned
Start here: Plus, wires, cap, rotor.

Then clear the ECU and see what codes return.

P1336: Was the timing belt recently replaced?

Black96EXNC

SOHC EJ8
Yes it was replaced about a month ago. Did they put it on wrong? Also can I do any harm to the car driving it while these codes are on?

RonJ

Banned
Yes it was replaced about a month ago. Did they put it on wrong? Also can I do any harm to the car driving it while these codes are on?
The mechanic may have damaged the CKF sensor wires or forgot to plug the sensor back in when the timing belt was replaced.

You will hurt your engine if you don't fix the codes.

Black96EXNC

SOHC EJ8
Ok so I took the car to a local shop this morning and had my injectors cleaned. Then went to auto zone and bought a new distributor cap and rotor. Installed the cap but not the rotor. How can I get the screw to face up so I can remove it?
Incredible diffrence just replacing the cap and having the injectors cleaned. Car has never ran so good.

RonJ

Banned
Remove the 15A ECU/PGMFI fuse under the hood (prevents blowing the coil while flicking the ignition switch in next step). With the cap removed, flick the ignition switch until the rotor screw is positioned so that it is accessible for removal by a screw driver.

Replace the spark plugs (NGK) and also possibly the plug wires.

Black96EXNC

SOHC EJ8
So as long as i pull that fuse it wont mess anything up? So I just turn the key enough for it to turn over correct?