96' ex Still in the process

jasperSDHF

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, this is my 96' ex, only 62k miles. I've got 17" "rage" breaker wheels,(yeah, cheap, but shut up, i'd be glad to trade for some black ones with the polished lip), rapped in nitto 450 tires, an apc intake, i've painted my valve cover and calapers. oh yeah, and i have no muffler now, it sorta fell off, has a great sound though, but if anyone's got axel or catback exhaust they don't want anymore, i'd be interested.
I want to lower it as soon as i can, so if you got some coilovers i might be interested. I also want to give it some more power without boosting it, i don't have $4000 to drop on my car right now. So any engine mod suggestions would be great.

p.s
Would it be worth the money, to port and polish?

jasperSDHF

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
more pics

another pic

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet ride. where in mn you from

CFactor

Why am I such a pimp?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pretty clean. Suggestion though is throw a lip on the front, lower it, and clear the headlights. Then you will be set.

CFactor

Why am I such a pimp?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh ya a spoiler couldnt hurt too.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dig those rims man! If you want them black or gun metal just paint them...thats what people do around here...just get some Duplicolor wheel paint. I would hook up with a better filter (K&N), paint ur headlights and your rims, go to www.modacar.com and find some tokiko coilovers, and go to www.tornactive.com and get some 99-00 red/clear tail lights. Your ride would look really good then.

As far as making it fast....what are your goals....street beast, track monster, autocross, road track, or just generally quick?

a99jdmracer is my s/n...hit me up any time.

jasperSDHF

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just want something that, when i pull up to a stop light, and there's this kid that thinks he's the s**t in his eclipse or cavilier, I just want to take off on him, and make him feel stupid.
I dunno what you want to consider that, just generally quick.
Its a 5spd so that helps.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go with a B18B1 or a B20 with a turbo kit. Run 5-7 pounds till you can build the internals...then once you have that bullet proof bottom end and built head go kick some ass on 15+ pounds of boost. Make sure you get a hella nice LSD as well. Turbo is fun as hell...and letting someone know you smoked their ass with non-vtec in a civic ;)

jasperSDHF

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would do that if i could, but seeing as i'm only 17, and dont' have that kind of income, i can't. Unless you know a real good way to make some money. I mean how do all these people pay for all that crazy stuff they got? I'd like to know.

_jawn

USDM king.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
paint the front H emblem flat black. looks alot cleaner. imo. nice car btw. i say ditch the skyjacker lift kit and get something to drop it.