96 Integra LS - five speed ;)

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you drove through puddles? Could also be a rust spot below if everything else is dry. That's how it is in my car.
Yeah, it was pouring all day yesterday, and the only rust is quarter panel rust on the drive side rear so I'll check it out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
That's a serious score right there man! So clean!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Remind me to never buy a car from AlaskaB16 if he thinks just swapping out clusters is OK w/o informing someone.

There's a drain plug in the wheel well of Integras I believe, or I think that's what Rob told me. That might be bad, loose, and hopefully it's not rusted out.

I'll ask Rob about the defroster. I know he always says it's super hard to fix and expensive if something certain is wrong.

I find it a little rude of the seller not to clean the car for you, and give you at least 1/2 a tank of gas. I guess I'm old school and respectful.
That bay is pretty dirty as well, and that is not the original bumper. Was the car wrecked? The paint doesn't match and the fitment is awful. That was the first thing I noticed yesterday when you posted the car.

Danielrod61

Registered VIP
Remind me to never buy a car from AlaskaB16 if he thinks just swapping out clusters is OK w/o informing someone.

There's a drain plug in the wheel well of Integras I believe, or I think that's what Rob told me. That might be bad, loose, and hopefully it's not rusted out.

I'll ask Rob about the defroster. I know he always says it's super hard to fix and expensive if something certain is wrong.

I find it a little rude of the seller not to clean the car for you, and give you at least 1/2 a tank of gas. I guess I'm old school and respectful.
That bay is pretty dirty as well, and that is not the original bumper. Was the car wrecked? The paint doesn't match and the fitment is awful. That was the first thing I noticed yesterday when you posted the car.
Haha. Straight forward. I agree.

JustRob

Thanks. Any idea on the rear defroster issue? Its currently not working and like I said its not the original hatch. Also, I wanna leave the side skirts and lip on the bumper black and match the mirrors. Yes I wanna wash the bay, but I wanna take pictures of what the engine looks like up close. Its really clean.
The previous owner may not have re-installed the wire harness for the hatch. It doesn't disconnect at the roof, it's all one piece that has to be pulled through the hatchback when removed and fed back through when installed. That's my best guess considering your rear wiper is inoperable as well. Worst case scenario they cut the harness to make the job "easier", or the pinched the harness causing a short to ground. Removing the lower and right side interior trim panels from the hatchback will give you access to the wire harness for inspection.

As for the water leak, inspect the hardware for the rear bumper crash beam located in the hatch underneath the rear carpet. There are four large bolts, two on each side. If they're loose or missing, water will leak onto the underside of the carpet. Also remove the rear side trim panels to inspect how bad the quarter panel rust is. Water will be splashed into the top of the wheel well while driving and seep inside the vehicle. While the rear side panels are out, check that the power antenna is installed and secured correctly and that the rear moon roof drain tubes aren't damaged or clogged.

Looks like you're off to a good start. Good luck!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you Kelly's rob? :O ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

The previous owner may not have re-installed the wire harness for the hatch. It doesn't disconnect at the roof, it's all one piece that has to be pulled through the hatchback when removed and fed back through when installed. That's my best guess considering your rear wiper is inoperable as well. Worst case scenario they cut the harness to make the job "easier", or the pinched the harness causing a short to ground. Removing the lower and right side interior trim panels from the hatchback will give you access to the wire harness for inspection.

As for the water leak, inspect the hardware for the rear bumper crash beam located in the hatch underneath the rear carpet. There are four large bolts, two on each side. If they're loose or missing, water will leak onto the underside of the carpet. Also remove the rear side trim panels to inspect how bad the quarter panel rust is. Water will be splashed into the top of the wheel well while driving and seep inside the vehicle. While the rear side panels are out, check that the power antenna is installed and secured correctly and that the rear moon roof drain tubes aren't damaged or clogged.

Looks like you're off to a good start. Good luck!
Thanks for the information, I'll definitely try and check that out on Monday. And Kelly, I don't seem to notice the paint different of the bumper. I did however notice that right side figment issue and it bothers me. When I get the title, I'll know whether it had been wrecked or not. It sits lower at the fender so it's lobsided, so it could be possible it was damaged due to something. I'll check out the rust issue as well when I get a chance. I picked up more hours at work so I'm not always free anymore.

I never even noticed if the antenna worked or not. I was told the wiper motor is bad so I'm picking up the whole assembly for $20 tomorrow.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you Kelly's rob? :O ^^

Yes

Thanks for the information, I'll definitely try and check that out on Monday. And Kelly, I don't seem to notice the paint different of the bumper. I did however notice that right side figment issue and it bothers me. When I get the title, I'll know whether it had been wrecked or not. It sits lower at the fender so it's lobsided, so it could be possible it was damaged due to something. I'll check out the rust issue as well when I get a chance. I picked up more hours at work so I'm not always free anymore.

I never even noticed if the antenna worked or not. I was told the wiper motor is bad so I'm picking up the whole assembly for $20 tomorrow.

It's clearly visible on the hood, right fender, and bumper. I noticed the bumper....Rob saw the fender and hood. You can see the paint difference from the door changing to the fender. Your car sir, has been wrecked. Shoulda got a car fax.....that's why the car is so cheap and with issues.

Sent from my Note 2

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:popcorn:

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes

It's clearly visible on the hood, right fender, and bumper. I noticed the bumper....Rob saw the fender and hood. You can see the paint difference from the door changing to the fender. Your car sir, has been wrecked. Shoulda got a car fax.....that's why the car is so cheap and with issues.

Sent from my Note 2
Men, oh well. It's not like it can't be fixed, and the all I really care about is the motor that runs pretty well. It doesn't look too bad and I'll figure out what to do with it when I get a chance to. The harness should be in the hatch since the wing's brake light works, so I'll pull the panel and see if something else isn't plugged in.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes

Sent from my Note 2
Carfax doesnt necesarily show everything. It only shows if it was reported and repaired professionally.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Men, oh well. It's not like it can't be fixed, and the all I really care about is the motor that runs pretty well. It doesn't look too bad and I'll figure out what to do with it when I get a chance to. The harness should be in the hatch since the wing's brake light works, so I'll pull the panel and see if something else isn't plugged in.

I think its a decent car for what you paid.

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
My car was hit on the front passenger side, the fender is faded, and can see the damage in the engine bay.. Meh, Honda probs.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Just a random pic after work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2