96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alrighty, my small order arrived today!! But, unfortunately this is going to be the last update for a while because I'm saving for a motor swap, and all the funds will be directed strictly for the purchase. I'm going to buy the swap first and all the other odds and ends in order of most expensive to least expensive, taking a page from child's build. Patience is hard but it must be exercised, I've volunteered for overtime due to a big order of product at my work, so i will be 7 days a week untill the week of the Fourth of July, when we have an annual week long vacation.

Anyhow, here's the stuff I got today!!!

Black steel braided clutch line, blox black anodized s2000 cmc adapter , and resivor covers!! :rolf:

I'll be around but I'm 100% dedicated to buying a swap. It will be the next big purchase and I will update when it gets here!

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've seen a couple of guys swapping to the s2000 clutch. What's the deal? Is it a different sized piston, or just an aesthetic thing? Looks like it'd be more of a pain to check and fill the clutch fluid without the remote reservoir.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've seen a couple of guys swapping to the s2000 clutch. What's the deal? Is it a different sized piston, or just an aesthetic thing? Looks like it'd be more of a pain to check and fill the clutch fluid without the remote reservoir.
It's actually the exact same size as the original unit. It's just more compact and most of these older chassis could use a new master cylinder (as was the case with me).

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's actually the exact same size as the original unit. It's just more compact and most of these older chassis could use a new master cylinder (as was the case with me).
yeah, I understand needing a new one. The one in my 92 is leaking, so looks like I need to replace it soon. Oh, well. That's the price we pay for driving older cars.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Suuuup.... A little "no update, update".

Our car club held a meet this weekend, and it was actually in our town and local so I was able to limp my hatch down there since it was held only 15min away from the house lol. I arrived early and left late so no one would have to hear the s***ty input shaft bearing whining at low speeds lol!
Found some pics on facebook I thought I would share with you guys, photos are courtesy of Stephen Cuong Tran:

Here's me :rolf:

Wilkesboro crew

Skittles lol

Thanks for checking it out!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sold my hatch last week guys and picked up this sweet little lady. Her name is Fiona, my 2015 Firestorm FR-S.

I havnt had time to get any good pics but I'm still working a lot since I picked her up, but I managed to have time this weekend to do a really thorough detail. Really surprised me.

Hand wash
Griots clay bar and quick detailer
Mothers cleaner carnauba paste wax
Griots paint sealant

If a fly lands on her, it will slip and bust it's ass.

.................................^ puppy feets :rolf:

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lmao! Oh I knew that was coming! Well if I was a traitor I would I have just made a build thread over on ft86club.com! :rolf:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice car, but happen to the Hatch?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, but wha happen? Just gave up on that? I would of bought it off you.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, but wha happen? Just gave up on that? I would of bought it off you.
Basically, I was detailing a clients car, and I realized how nice it was. And I thought about how much money I'm continuing to sink into this car when I can get something out of the box that already does it. The more I drive the frs the more I want to marry it lol :D
Sad to see the hatch go :( but the FRS looks good!
Thanks man I'm so happy with it!!! :rolf:

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Awesome car man! Sad to hatch go, but the FRS is pretty sweet too. They are fun cars to drive. I drove the auto version before and I've been wanting to drive the manual version ever since.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Awesome car man! Sad to hatch go, but the FRS is pretty sweet too. They are fun cars to drive. I drove the auto version before and I've been wanting to drive the manual version ever since.
Thanks man I really appreciate it ! I love it so much! The shifter is spot on! No nonsense tight snickets when entering the shift gates! Like a rifle bolt action :rolf:

Hope your doing well yourself Reed, thanks for stopping in to check it out =)

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good looking FR-S. My 85 year old Grandad bought one last year (silver) but I've yet to drive the thing. His excuse? I'm too big to fit in the car (ok, so I'm 6'2", 250 lbs, but if I could fit in his Mazdaspeed MX-5, sure I could squeeze my way into that FR-S)