96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man I really appreciate it ! I love it so much! The shifter is spot on! No nonsense tight snickets when entering the shift gates! Like a rifle bolt action :rolf:

Hope your doing well yourself Reed, thanks for stopping in to check it out =)
I'm doing pretty well. Been super busy lately so I haven't been as active. I'm usually lurking though lol

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good looking FR-S. My 85 year old Grandad bought one last year (silver) but I've yet to drive the thing. His excuse? I'm too big to fit in the car (ok, so I'm 6'2", 250 lbs, but if I could fit in his Mazdaspeed MX-5, sure I could squeeze my way into that FR-S)
Haha yeah I'm sure you could, my much bigger friends have fit just fine. The back seats are a joke though, just there for looks haha.

In other news, I have just been driving the car and enjoying it, I bought a drop in after market air filter panel for it and felt a bit of a difference on top end, and also ordered MTEC shifter springs, wich should be here sometime this week. Mostly just little things.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just springs? i know NOTHING about these cars, so you wont see me being too judgmental on your choices ;) ps i saw some killer tail lights for this, and have been trying to figure out which ones they are, so much support for this silly little car. awesomely fun to watch

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:rolf: :rolf: :rolf:
just springs? i know NOTHING about these cars, so you wont see me being too judgmental on your choices ;) ps i saw some killer tail lights for this, and have been trying to figure out which ones they are, so much support for this silly little car. awesomely fun to watch
Yeah man, just springs to tighten up the selector, factory is way short enough and I've driven it very easy and havnt forced the car once Into a shift gate while the syncros were breaking in, and the trans just keeps getting smoother and more impressive. The clutch and steering feel awesome! And it corners like a little monster! So stable and sure footed and limit of the tires is really predictable.
So much support indeed because this car is a freaking blast out of the box!! I still don't want to do anything else to it and I havnt even gotten around to installing the shifter springs yet. Anything I consider later is just cosmetic stuff, but I'm super content with how it sits stock. They are way more fun to drive than just watch! LoL :rofl:

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh s**t, i thought i read springs like lowering... not shifter lol. oops.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I didn't have a lot of time to take pics this morning, I had to get up super early to have time to throw this thing in but it sounds SO AWESOME!!! Try to imagine a 350z and wrx mixed together haha!!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now that shitty ios8 is allowing me to upload pics, here's a couple of the new Borla catback I installed

I really love it, but it hangs about 1.5" lower than stock under the lca and at the mid-muffler section. Eventually when I get some fortune auto coilovers (hopefully at tax time) it shouldn't be too big of an issue.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It really is, like an awesome, deep, throaty tone you can easily speak over. Cruising speed sounds stock, but everyone behind the car says it sounds mean :rolf:

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Picked up some bug eye Wrx wheels for a steal, and my buddy at the tire shop books it up with used tires! I'll be using the wheels as drift spares and I'm attending my first drift event January 3rd! So stoked, just a huge open parking lot and the course is set up with cones like autocross :rolf:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you going to drift the brz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I'm going with my friend that has 10+ years experience, he drives an ae86 and was going to do ride along instructions. The course is a second gear track, and I already hoon the crap out of her in empty parking lots when it rains so Im used to the tail coming out lol =)