97 Civic EX Sedan Power Door Lock Issue

sevans

1997 Civic EX Sedan. The previous owner told me there were some issues with the door locks and not to use the fab or the alarm would go off. The locks 'stick'. There is an after market stereo and alarm system but she said the aftermarket alarm had been disabled when the door lock issue arose.

The automatic lock/unlock switch on the driver door does not lock/unlock all of the doors just the rear passenger and sets off the alarm.

When I put the car in gear all of the doors make a sound like they are locking. I am usually the only person in the car and start with all the doors locked. When I park the rear passenger door unlocks and it sounds like all the doors are trying to lock or unlock.

I have never worked on electrical issues or on a Honda. I used to work on my old Subaru but it never had electrical issues. Not exactly sure where to start and don't want to electrocute myself fiddling around with things I know nothing about. Checking fuses seems like a logical start but I don't know how to tell if they are bad etc. :oops:

I would appreciate any help in the right direction. :oops: Thank you for your time.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
first i would find out where the alarm interfaces with the stock oem door lock wires and disconnect it first.