97 Civic Hatch Project

rich_rolla

I have a 97 Civic DX Hatch! Awesome car It has a salvage title but it's for a dd not to sale so that don't bother me... I've been doing some work to it but I need some parts for it to so if anybody has some of the parts I need let me know what you would charge to ship then tap 30741

-------------------------------------------------

I have a 93 Acura Integra with a B18a1 I am eventually going to put that motor in the civic but I'm not sure what all I would need to do it so please let me know if you know what parts and modifications I'll have to do...

-------------------------------------------------

It's all stock as of right now and parked because my license is suspended so I have all the time in the work to work on it... Well I'm about to be late for work I'll update this later with more pics and info

Last edited by a moderator:

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This thing is in rough shape. Some serious TLC is ahead of you. you should go to the junkyard to source out parts. CL is sometimes useful too.

rich_rolla

It's really not to bad just needs a couple parts front bumper cover most of all other than that she runs great less than 50 miles on rebuild new trans really a nice car lol I don't know where u get rough shape from most of what it needs is minor interior panels...

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldnt call that rough, just very dirty overall. A thorough cleaning, headlight polishing, and sourcing a few interior pieces at a junkyard and itll look pretty solid. It clearly needs a paint job, I considerbthat a theft deterrent while you finish up the small stuff then leave paint for last.

What brand of radio do you intend to buy?

rich_rolla

Pioneer alpine blaupunkd audiobahn anything decent... Yeah I know audiobahn don't make CD players anymore but they used to and they are kick ass I still have one but it won't work anymore I'll get it fixed some day hopefully

I need new headlights anyways the housings are busted where the dude I got it from had a wreck they still work but it won't pass inspection until I put new ones in it... It's really a great car it gets 38 miles to the gallon highway like it is but I want to put my LS b18a1 in it just don't know what all I need to do it and I wanna have everything together to do it... I'm very familiar with motor swaps but I want this one to be clean! Want to do everything right... I put a 4.0 h/o jeep motor in a 88 rx7 so no doubt I can do the swap I just want to do it right and not guess at anything...

Craigslist don't have much to help me as far as parts well nothing at all and there aren't many of these in junkyards around here well I haven't saw any I'm sure there is one somewhere... But surely somebody has a parts car on here I can buy some parts off of

Just some random pics I've taken of the car!

I vacuumed it out today as well so it's not all dirty inside anymore will give it a bath tomorrow and post more pics

Here's a couple random pics of my old 95 Civic EX Coupe I had

Damn I miss this car I did a lot of work to it and I don't know where the rest of my pics are of it... I bought it from a transmission shop without a transmission for $467 and I put the 18" wheels on it and spoiler... I then replaced the drivers door due to a huge dent in it well it was caved in lol I replaced both genders with fiberglass z3 fenders I believe they were put on the body kit and exhaust along with an si tranny oh I replaced the hood too... This car was a wreck when I bought it... I never painted it though it had to much personality we called it the crayon box... I sold it to a buddy of mine for $5,000 and he totaled it less than a week later after spray bombing it red and black... RIP crayon box

rich_rolla

Pics since I vacuumed it out will clean carpets soon when the weather is going to be nice so it can air dry good!!! Yes that's an air freshener in the back... The car hasn't had its doors open in to years don't smell bad at all but it's a little stale...

Please if anybody has some parts let me know!

Please move this topic to the main 6th gen discussion this car isn't worth showing off right now I will keep everybody up to date on all my progress though

She just got a bath too!!!

Cleaning up engine bay and shampooing carpet next...

Now I need some parts, anybody out there got anything I need

rich_rolla

Someone bought that 95 for 5 THOUSAND DOLLARS?
Lmao yeah it had a turboed jdm zc swap ,dc headers, short shifter, weapon-r cold air intake, ultra light wheels now sure what name brand but they didn't weigh much at all, pos body kit, spoiler painted black (was the same kind as on the purple eclipse on 2 fast 2 furious), skunk2 shift knob, z3 fiber glass fenders... Alot more parts anyways it was super fast all it needed was some paint and body work I never did it so people would think it was a pos

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please move this topic to the main 6th gen discussion this car isn't worth showing off right now I will keep everybody up to date on all my progress though

1) Main section is for tech discussions, not pictures of your vehicle. This thread is in the section it belongs in. :thumbs up

2) Classified want ad stuff has been removed. Please review the rules, you aren't allowed to advertise, sell, or post up ads here at this time. We have an established classified section to sell and trade there and ask that members leave it to that section so it doesn't clog up the rest of the forum. You need to meet the requirements first to post there. rules for posting ads: http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/parts-for-sale-rules-general-etiquette-updated-6-30-2015.141853/

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Lmao yeah it had a turboed jdm zc swap ,dc headers, short shifter, weapon-r cold air intake, ultra light wheels now sure what name brand but they didn't weigh much at all, pos body kit, spoiler painted black (was the same kind as on the purple eclipse on 2 fast 2 furious), skunk2 shift knob, z3 fiber glass fenders... Alot more parts anyways it was super fast all it needed was some paint and body work I never did it so people would think it was a pos
Turbo AND a DC header huh? Impressive setup I must say.

rich_rolla

Nooo lmao sorry was extra parts... Not everything was installed

Had some knock off turbo header on it some no name something or another bought off ebay

rich_rolla

Lit up like a Christmas tree

Blue Interior (More lights to come)

My Hood Popper

Don't know who's this is but it's super redneck lmao

rich_rolla

Memphis MOFO 15 in the back now! This thing is LOUD! Only have a 800 watt amp right now buy will be replacing that soon... I'm adding more leds tomorrow sometime I'll update when I get finished...

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is just overkill! Good bye to cargo space.

rich_rolla

Yeah it's a tight fit theres about 2 inches clear in the front for speaker travel and u have to slam the back seats to get them to lock in place

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
dear lord. search ebay or amazon for a replacement bumper and grill. i doubt anyone on here is going to go through the hassle of selling and shipping you one of those. otherwise the body doesnt look to be in terrible shape so just keep it clean and tasteful.

rich_rolla

Will do it has been an ongoing project I don't have alot of extra money or anything but I make due with what I have I'll be getting a bumper cover and bumper within the next couple weeks so I'll be surrounding to post more updates soon!

rich_rolla

Still a work in progress paint and body work coming soon!!! Carbon fiber side mirrors and hood coming soon as well... I'm also going to be building a custom fiber glass box in the back for 1 Memphis mojo 515d4 15 and 2 power acoustik mofo 15's stay tuned..

I'm just super glad I finally got a bumper cover and grill for my car had to buy em new I couldn't find anything decent in the salvage yards around here...

Also I have the mofo 15's but they are not hooked up the only speaker playing in that video clip is my Memphis Mojo 15 on a 2000 watt crunch ground pounder so yes it's very underpowered and barely turned up!!!