97 Civic HX exhaust choices

Goodi

RedEJ7
Hey all the time has come for a new exhaust for the Honda. I want the Apexi N1, but I don't know which category I should order it under (plan on buying from club civic)

CO671

Registered VIP
DX and HX are the same style (Catalytic converter part of exhaust manifold)

You're surely set for an Apexi n1? The most recommended system is usually the Apexi WSII.

Goodi

RedEJ7
Alright thanks man. And im open to any suggestions, I personally like the look of the N1 (I like the fart can ;D)

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
WS2 all day. so much better sounding than the N1 (which is a straight through "race" muffler so it is much louder than the WS2, which is a chambered street muffler).

CO671

Registered VIP
Remember, hearing all these exhaust sound clips on Youtube are 90% Idling... not driving with it for miles day and night. You should be more aware of how that'll last you for the next X amount of months/years.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A friend of mine had a magnaflow exhaust very similar to the N1. I hated it. To be honest, I don't like any fart can on a Honda, let alone any 4-cylinder. They sound horrible. But that's just my opinion.

+2 for the WS2. Sounds slightly louder than stock driving normal and opens up a bit at WOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trekk

Registered VIP
It will be loud but hey some people like that. As long as you keep the cat it won't be so bad. Most people remove the cat cause they think its going to unlock a bunch of power. All it really unlocks is a ton of noise.

Goodi

RedEJ7
Hmmm, interesting. Seems to have changed my mind. For sure not going for a loud ricey sound, I want that deep ass rumble. Thanks for all the input everybody

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from someone who owned both, the actual Apexi N1 is really deep, doesn't drone, and is quiet when cruising with a steady foot on the accelerator. Light acceleration is deep and not raspy as well. The N1 is loud with aggressive acceleration and of course WOT.

The WS2 is almost always quiet, and just mellow at WOT similar to stock where you can hear more of the engine than the actual exhaust note.

I can't comment on other wanna be N1 "style" replica whatever type of exhausts from a personal stand point, but i've never heard one that even sounded like either of the Apexi versions, N1 or street muffler. They've always been louder or loud and raspy.