97 Civic Sputters (video)

existanzcivicb20

Car 1997 Civic with a B18B with a P75 OBD2 ECU. engine is stock but I cant get it to run right. Please see the video I posted onto youtube. Also the sputtering also happens when going down the road and trying to cruse at a steady speed. at high RPMs (5000+) it does cut out and revs normal and it idles normally. I cant find a vacuum leak and the fuel filter is new fuel pressure is at 48psi, timing is spot on, spark plugs and wires are good, what else can i check?

The CEL code is P0117 ECT circuit voltage low. And I also can not figure out why i get that code. I have 5 volts to the sensor and good ground. Continuity good from plug to ECU (connector D2)

daperez13

Respected
Has the car ever ran out of gas or leaned out?

Remove the catalytic converter and look through it to see if it's still intact. Use a flashlight afterwards and look at the honeycomb cells to see if they're not melted or otherwise deformed.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Disconnect the ECT connector and see if that resolves the issue. Also I believe you are supposed to be getting battery voltage at that connection. Check the HSM to verify voltage and also there is a set by step diagnostic that can assist you with testing the circuit and switch in the HSM. (Honda Service Manual)

existanzcivicb20

No cat on the car, never ran out of gas or leaned out. Ill try disconnecting the ECT