97 Honda civic cut springs??

j.d.m playa

Respected
I just recently bought a 97 Honda Civic with cut springs and the rear tires are toe in word is this springs the cause of that issue..
if I put stock springs back on with an alignment would that fix my issue???
and or would I have to put coilovers camber kit??? Thanx

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anything but those cut springs are good. Putting it back to either stock springs, some legit lowering springs, or full coil overs (it all depends on what you want out of the suspension) AND getting a proper alignment should solve the issue. That is if there isn't something wrong with the rear control arms or something in that area that is causing the tires to point inward.

Camber kit won't fix toe issues.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would look at the trailing arm bushing as well.. might need to changed

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Camber kills tires also...just not as fast as toe.
Incorrect. Camber doesn't create any excessive wear, it just creates uneven wear due to a lot of the contact patch of the tire not being in contact with the surface of the road. My car has camber in the rear and is dead on with the toe alignment. The section of the tire that is in contact with the road is wearing exactly the same as the 2 front tires that are in full contact. It just makes it look like it is "killing" the tire because the portion that isn't in contact is essentially brand new.