98 Civic EX Driver's Side Wheel

Taylor89

Hey guys, first time posting here and I am hoping someone can give me some information. It's been snowing here in CO for the last week or so, and last night I got my car stuck by my house. When I went out to try and get it unstuck today, I noticed that my passenger side wheel is turning, but my driver's side wheel is not. I tried to push it, and it doesn't seem to want to go anywhere, even though there really isn't much snow around the tires.
Is it possible that my wheel is just frozen by the cold somehow? Or, is this a more serious issue?

98 Civic Ex Coupe
5 Speed

Last edited:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You mean it won't move because it is frozen stuck or it isn't spinning with the other wheel at the same time? Unless you have an LSD transmission, both wheels will never spin at the same time.

Taylor89

I don't know if it's a limited slip diff, It's stock as far as I know, so I am would assume it isn't? The passenger wheel spins, but the driver's side isn't spinning at all. So, yeah, it's frozen.

EDIT: Yeah, I am still learning about my car, and cars in general. So, bear with me!

Last edited:

Taylor89

Well, I got it. Put some hot water in the wheel and found some chains, did the trick. I was just most concerned that I had somehow messed up the wheel. Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll be around.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More than likely you got the rotor and pads all wet when you got stuck yesterday and it froze over. Being that it only spins from the passenger side, the driver wheel doesn't get any power to it to break the ice free.

Unless the motor was swapped, you don't have an lsd.