'98 Civic EX Firing Order?

A2C

I tried looking for the order the cylinders fire in, but I've found it in a few places and they were all different.
I've got a 1998 Honda Civic EX
Engine: D16Y8

I took the spark plugs wires off since I replaced the distributor and cap together, but didn't check which plugs went where. I know which wires are for 1, 2, 3, 4, but I'm not sure where they connect on the distributor cap.
Anyone here know?
Also, since I found a few different orders all ready, can you let me know how you know that's the right order?
Thanks

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1-3-4-2
If you are standing on the passenger side of the car facing the dizzy the top left terminal is 1. Remember it rotates clockwise so just put the plugs in one by one in a clockwise order following the firing order.

A2C

1-3-4-2
If you are standing on the passenger side of the car facing the dizzy the top left terminal is 1. Remember it rotates clockwise so just put the plugs in one by one in a clockwise order following the firing order.
Thanks. I've plugged them in in that order.

Google is where I found the three different firing orders for it.
I saw the link to the other forum here. That was for a different engine and although someone else said it worked for them in that order in another, I'd rather just see if someone knew for sure it was the same for this situation.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

I've got the new distributor on, and the spark plugs all set in the 1-3-4-2 order, but it still wont start.
Any one have any ideas? It sounds like it wants to turn over right when I turn the key, but then stops.
I'm sure it's something with the new distributor being on, since before replacing the distributor the car would start, but since oil was getting into the cap and all that it was stall after a bit.

A2C

Also, I didn't check this time, but I'm sure it has spark as that was checked when I still had the old distributor on.