98 civic ex with a d16y7 help

Ninja vic

I recently purchased a auto 98 honda civic ex with a blown head gasket . I fixed that and the cars running ok . So i go and get it inspected and they tell me i have a code for the colant temp sen. The guy i buy it from took the light bulb out .And this is where i need help . The car is a 98 civic ex so it should of came with a d16y8 right ? But it has the d16y7 and a p2e-L82 ecu would that combination work? And there is some wiring that was hacked up . So im trying to figure out what to do from here i want to check if the engine colant temp sensor wiring is good but i have no idea what the ecu pinout is and dont know for what to search for the engine or ecu wiring . Any help would be great

Otto85

I recently purchased a auto 98 honda civic ex with a blown head gasket . I fixed that and the cars running ok . So i go and get it inspected and they tell me i have a code for the colant temp sen. The guy i buy it from took the light bulb out .And this is where i need help . The car is a 98 civic ex so it should of came with a d16y8 right ? But it has the d16y7 and a p2e-L82 ecu would that combination work? And there is some wiring that was hacked up . So im trying to figure out what to do from here i want to check if the engine colant temp sensor wiring is good but i have no idea what the ecu pinout is and dont know for what to search for the engine or ecu wiring . Any help would be great
Google search d16y7 ecu. As for the coolant temp sensor it is located on the thermostat housing under your throttle body on the engine block, unplug it and jump the 2 pins on the wire connector then turn your ignition to (on) if the fan comes on then you know its the sensor itself

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Ninja vic

I might be wording it wrong on google search because i cant find it and yes the code returns after i clear the computer. And the wire colors are green/black tracer, and red with either white or yellow tracer. I cant really tell.