98 civic fog installation HELP

civickid94

Alright so i'm installing these fogs on my ej7, and everything works except I absolutely cannot get the mounting brackets on. I understand how they are supposed to go on, but they come with phillips head screws, and the bumper, once you cut out the plastic where the fogs go, already has one pre-drilled hole that is far to big for the screw, and the other hole for the other screw isn't even a hole, its more like a line cut in the plastic. Maybe i'm just absolutely retarded, but it shouldn't take 2 hours to try and figure out how to install fogs. So thanks for the help. I tried drilling new holes so that the screws would fit about 1-2cm over from the original holes, but that way the fog won't fit into the bracket...i'm quite irritated actually.

civickid94

I've looked at that, and I've also looked at the installation videos on youtube. Look at step 3 in the link you just posted... I don't see how it's possible to screw them in like that. If you look at the very first picture, see the first hole and then the second 'hole'? Well you can't put screws into them, so did you drill new ones? or what...

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've looked at that, and I've also looked at the installation videos on youtube. Look at step 3 in the link you just posted... I don't see how it's possible to screw them in like that. If you look at the very first picture, see the first hole and then the second 'hole'? Well you can't put screws into them, so did you drill new ones? or what...
You may have looked but you didn't read.
That mounting bracket in step 3, is a two piece bracket.
It's the bracket then the mount plate.
Bracket goes on first, mount plate goes behind the bumper grill plastic where the two holes are, that mount plate should be threaded to accept the screws.