'98 Civic Hatch GS-R: SOLD!

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
wow that came out really good! Im still trying to decide what i wanna do with my vc. i really like that you went through the effort to paint the letters too it looks great. but yeah thanks to your feedback im definitely going to go with the innovative motor mounts and avid torque mounts. i know alot of people dont bother with the torque mounts when using aftermarket engine mounts like innovative or hasports, but id like the extra support for reliability sake. keep up the good work man!

Gladiator

Respected
About two weeks since the swap and everything is going well! Got my new car alarm installed, along with a new battery. Had my first fill up since the swap; a little less than I was expecting but not horrible - 26mpg. That's all city driving. Hoping for it to go up a bit, but we'll see. Honestly, the car is so much fun to drive, I don't mind the fuel economy.

Hope everyone's been doing well!

EDIT: In other news, my truck is going to be featured in The Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide, Dec/Jan issue. Pretty excited about it!

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
About two weeks since the swap and everything is going well! Got my new car alarm installed, along with a new battery. Had my first fill up since the swap; a little less than I was expecting but not horrible - 26mpg. That's all city driving. Hoping for it to go up a bit, but we'll see. Honestly, the car is so much fun to drive, I don't mind the fuel economy.

Hope everyone's been doing well!

EDIT: In other news, my truck is going to be featured in The Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide, Dec/Jan issue. Pretty excited about it!
Awesome man, congrats!

Gladiator

Respected
Hope everyone's been doing well and getting ready for Christmas! Thought I'd give an update. The car is getting a solid 28 MPG in the city, and is a blast to drive. Installed some new headlights and taillights the other week - I think the car looks MUCH better now. Next thing will be to finish reinstalling the A/C and look back into power steering, then an amp and sub(s) to finish the sound system.

I have a new bumper, hood, side fenders, and Si front lip to install and paint. I'll probably look at repainting the entire car back black at some point next year. Anywho, pics!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its looking simplistically great. I'd personally like to see a rear lip on it, which would also hide away the angled muffler hang that you're not a fan of. That GSR motor should feel great in the lighter hatchback. 28MPG with great pep is a win-win in my book.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any luck on that RSX-S muffler sound clip?

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks awesome man. Pics of the truck too?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gladiator

Respected
Been forever since I've signed on here - but figured I'd give everyone an update. My build hasn't changed at all, haven't had the time to do anything to it - just driving and enjoying it! Steven's car was featured in the Donkey Power booth during last week's Import Alliance meet in ATL. Hope everyone is having a happy Easter!

Gladiator

Respected
I ended up selling the blue truck (long story short: it was a manual transmission and 4WD - I had shoulder surgery, couldn't drive it painfree)

My new truck is another F-250 Regular Cab Short Bed conversion, 2WD and an auto. It's in the middle of having open heart surgery, going with a 66/84 compound turbo setup. Should be around 800rwhp when it's done. Then we'll fine tune it, hopefully get closer to 900 after doing some fuel tweaks. Here she is at the moment...

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice trucks. They just look goofy in a short bed.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hate Fords, so Ill stay quiet and wait for Civic updates and that sound clip.

Gladiator

Respected
Well.... a big update. Car is sold.

Got a new job and the hatchback wasn't going to cut it. I sold the car locally for $4500, and bought a 2006 Acura TSX. Pretty excited about the TSX, as it's got things that my hatch didn't have (and they were things that I missed) like cruise control and power windows. The TSX is in good shape, minus the hood and front bumper needing to be repainted. The interior is almost flawless, it's an automatic and has navigation; black leather. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the Acura. I'll miss the little hatch, but the guy that bought it has big plans for just about everything.

Here are some pics of the new whip. Arctic Blue Pearl - love this color. It's got the A-Spec kit already on it (didn't know that when I bought it) and has 142k miles. It came with a STACK of receipts. Every oil change is documented, every 4k miles since the previous owner had it at 52k miles (I am the third owner). There are several receipts for routine and misc maintenance as well... needless to say, the car was well cared for. I've already bought some authentic JDM headlights (they should be here Tuesday) and have one quart of paint, ready to cover up any scratches or blemishes that a good buff can't fix.

Hope everyone is doing well!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man, I really liked that hatch but congrats on the new job and the car upgrade. I'll add "SOLD" to the title.