'98 Civic Hatch GS-R: SOLD!

Gladiator

Respected
Yo! Joined the site about a week ago - wanted to start an intro thread then, but decided to wait until I actually BOUGHT my first Civic (and actually that still hasn't happened yet, technically.... but who cares!)

I'm picking up my very first Honda ever, and I must say... I'm pretty excited about it! It's a 1998 Civic Hatchback, black, DX, manual transmission, w/ 75k miles on the cluster (but who knows how many really). I wanted the non-Vtec motor for the fuel economy, which was my main reason for looking at the older Civics, and I really like the EK bodystyle. Reminds me of high school I guess.

Anywho! Getting the car for $2300 - which I think is a great deal. It needs a little TLC here and there, but overall - it's in great shape. It's rockin Si wheels and Si seats. The interior looks pristine. The outside has suffered some hail damage (good thing I know some EXCELLENT paint and body guys) but it's nothing terrible - certainly nothing that would make me ashamed of driving it! The car has remained unmolested for the most part, except for some sort of fart can muffler (which will be coming off almost immediately). The A/C has been removed, apparently that's becoming more and more common these days, however the owner has all of the parts and is throwing them in the trunk. There are a few other odds and ends that need to be addressed, but nothing I can't handle myself.

Not sure what the market's like for everyone else on here, but where I'm from - people want a fortune for these things. Another big plus for this car, is that the title is clean - not salvage. It's getting pretty hard to find an EK Hatch that doesn't have a salvage title.

Sorry, I tend to ramble from time to time. I look forward to meeting a few of you as I learn about.... well... everything. No big plans for the car yet; just fix the issues at hand first, then preventative maintenance, reliability mods, and then finally cosmetics (can't wait for that stuff!) - I've told the wife that this won't be a project car like all the others... but I lied. I'm daydreaming of a B18C1 swap in the future, and it'll be glorious!.... rambling again, my bad peeps, my bad.

As stated, looking forward to weaving thru the 6th Gen/EK threads and bumping into a few of you!
Cheers!

Last edited:

Gladiator

Respected
Thank you! And yes, I've got that thread saved. The hatch already has an alarm and I've got the perfect binder to start my documentation.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:hi: Welcome to the club!

Gladiator

Respected
Thanks guys! Yeah, here's a few pics of the car (don't mind the oil spots, those are from a leaky oil drain tube from my turbo on my truck). I picked up some Integra LS Mesh wheels on the way back from buying the car; sanded them down, primed, painted, and cleared them. Got them mounted with new tires from Discount Tire, and then got the windows tinted yesterday. 5% on the back half of the car, 13% on the side windows.

Day it got home:

As it sits right now:

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Holy grapefruit shooter!!

Nice tool box in the garage! :thumbup:

EDIT: I wouldve kept the Si wheels and cleaned those up.. but thats just me..

Gladiator

Respected
Oh god I know... it's coming off, believe me. It's really not that loud, it's just a muffler - not a full exhaust system, but it sticks out pretty bad. Haha!

House Special

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's a really good score. I'm hoping to find something similar but in a sedan, in the 99-00 style.