98 Civic Hatch Resurrection

Captain VTEC

Hi all, been part of this forum for a while but never got around to putting up a build thread.
Here is my 1998 Honda Civic that I bought as a shell in June 2016 to re-shell my old silver hatch. The car had been in dry storage for over 6 years and has only 65k miles on it. My original plan was to just paint the front panels from my silver civic and put in the 1.4 engine but plans soon changed, I removed the engine and box and stripped the car for prep for a respray, then I decided to convert it to DOHC VTEC as well. the shell is very solid with no rust anywhere and only a small bit of damage to the front.
Parts I have so far.
Engine:
B20B engine from an auto Honda CR-V
B16 SiR head with SiR cams
Fidenza lightweight flywheel
4 puck clutch
H-Tune chipped and socketed ECU
Tanabe exhaust system with decat
I do plan on getting the block sleeved next year along with upgraded internals, just very costly as not many in Ireland do re-sleeving.

Suspension/brakes
50mm rear and 55mm front progressive lowering springs
Potenza shocks all round
Skunk2 lower control arms
Tenzo-r strut brace
SiR brakes

Interior:
Full SiR interior
Defi gauges
Spoon rep cluster

Exterior:
Type r splitters
Type r bumpers
Type r plate recess
Carbon Type r spoiler
USDM black housing headlights
Type r grill
Vented bonnet

Plans:
The body will be painted professionally in Bayside blue and the engine bay will be painted in gold, the rocker cover, brake and clutch cylinders, brake callipers and pulleys will be powder coated in blue, the wheels will be Japan Racing JR6 and a mugen twin loop back box. I will be running the b20 with stock internals this year with a safe tune and coilovers will be gotten as well as type r brakes and hubs.

Pictures:
When I got it:
IMG_1699.JPG IMG_1708.JPG
IMG_1710.JPG
It looked better than it was at this stage, when I fit the lights and the wings I discovered that the rad support cross member was pushed back which has only been fixed a few days ago by welding in a new one.

After I got it rolling and moved to the garage where all the work was to be done.
IMG_1712.JPG

The next day I gave it a quick wash as it had sat in a shed for the past few years.
IMG_1716.JPG IMG_1717.JPG
IMG_1718.JPG

Looked good apart from a bit of filler that cracked on the rear right hand side quarter, arches are spotless, car is generally in excellent shape.

Then I put the engine and box in which would be removed again soon.
IMG_1818.JPG

Not much was done after that other than finishing up the brakes and lowering it.

Then the prep work started.
IMG_2513.PNG

This went smooth enough and is almost finished, all that is left is the engine bay and roof, it took ages cause it had been painted 4 times so I took it back to its original colour.

During Christmas I picked up the B20 and B16 head, been gathering parts since like flywheel, exhaust, loom, drives etc. still plenty left to buy!

The B20 block freshly painted:

Facebook-20160418-092557.jpg

The B16 head was skimmed and pressure tested recently just waiting on head bolts and uprated conrod bolts to put it together

So that pretty much brings us to today where it looks very tatty and all different colours with bits of body work to finish here and there but soon it will be the perfect civic for me =)