98 civic hx, b series swap help

Joshua Oliver

Ok guys I've decided I'm going for a b18c swap into my 98 civic hx.. Yes say the b series is overrated ect ect.. That's the swap I can find the most info on I'm just a little confused about some things. First off. Too cover ALL the motor mounts what should I go with, and where's the best cheapest place to purchase these. Is there a kit or do I need to piece it together myself. Second, what kind of mounts do I need for the tranny, again do they sell a kit, or do I gotta buy them piece by piece. For wiring I know I need too mess with it a little, add a few wires.. Does anyone sell a harness that will basically plug in and work or will I need too mess with it myself. I've heard of rywire I just never did any research on them. Sorry for the stupid questions. I just don't wanna start my project to find out I'm missing a mount or something, and when it comes to wiring I'm clueless. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to start doing some actual reading and researching, this is painful having you expect to be spoonfed everything.
Especially this day in age with all the info available to you, swapping a 20 yr old motor into a 20 yr old chassis.

Joshua Oliver

I've done research, I have all of the info in front of me except I can't find anyone with a solid answer about the motor/tranny mounts. They say 99-00 si, others say stay away from the so mounts. I'm not looking to be spoonfed info, I'm just trying to figure out what I actually need too do this project. I don't wanna find out when the time comes that I bought the wrong mounts ya know

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
seriously look up how to swap a b series into a 96-00 chassis, its super simple compared to older chassis that didnt have b series stock. you have 99-00 SI or SiR, 96-00 CTR and the VTI sedans, if you dont want oem mounts then hasport makes a motor mount kit for just about any honda motor into any other chassis.....