'98 Civic: noisy suspension

marcusldaniels

What do u suggest as far as changing the front and rear suspension for a smoother ride? it sounds like the back right area is having issues because its squeaking and moaning when I go over bumps and things. And sometimes when I go over regular ole bumps, it feels like the car is going to fall apart. However, the highway ride is smooth as can be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
What do u suggest as far as changing the front and rear suspension for a smoother ride? it sounds like the back right area is having issues because its squeaking and moaning when I go over bumps and things. And sometimes when I go over regular ole bumps, it feels like the car is going to fall apart. However, the highway ride is smooth as can be.
the squeaking and moaning is more due to suspension bushing components and joints being to dried up. hard stiff/harsh ride is failed or failing struts clunking is usually suspension mounts

Last edited by a moderator:

dancam

Registered VIP
the squeaking and moaning is more due to suspension bushing components and joints being to dried up. hard stiff/harsh ride is failed or failing struts clunking is usually suspension mounts
Could also be some mice reproducing back there, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you don't have a mouse love brothel going on back there, then it wouldn't hurt to jack up that section to get a good look at all the components to ensure you don't have a damaged spring or strut or anything potentially serious. Its likely just old components like Diana Nam suggested, but its better to check and be safe.