98 Ek Project Build

joshuasosa40

So I bought a 98 civic ek coupe and I'm planning an engine swap but not sure if I should go with a b20 or b18 or h22. Right now it's a stock d16y7. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here's a pic of it right now. uploadfromtaptalk1453357677642.jpg

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
go with a H made more power and the big bottom end has lot more torque. plus h series you'll be able to compete with k series

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
B series swaps tend to be cheaper and might be easier, H series I don't have much experience or research on them to say. Cheapest B series swap would be a B20 btw, since B16 and B18Cs are pretty spendy.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
well i have tons of info on F/H cause thats what i specalize in i have a g22 which is f22 single cam block with h22a vtec head on it. i personally reconnmend it to everyone but. yea depends cause some b series swap still cost more also h swaps ar enot expensive mater of fact you can get a jdm h22a type s which made 22o hp stock and its only 1500ish with everything included. but b series are easy swap basiclly a plug and play swap.

F20b and single cam f series got iron sleeves from factory. basically they're boost monsters

Last edited by a moderator:

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
well i have tons of info on F/H cause thats what i specalize in i have a g22 which is f22 single cam block with h22a vtec head on it. i personally reconnmend it to everyone but. yea depends cause some b series swap still cost more also h swaps ar enot expensive mater of fact you can get a jdm h22a type s which made 22o hp stock and its only 1500ish with everything included. but b series are easy swap basiclly a plug and play swap.
Well JDM B20 long blocks are only $900.. cheapest swap I can think of.
This link has it for $600, then you need to get a transmission.
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30028

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
yea its just long block. b20 are not so great they crack sleeves even non modded ones, honda actually has a service bulletin for it personally i think they're just ticking time bomb, no offence.. my brother had b20 in his integra. for b series i would just get b16 or b18 or jsut do the poor man type r build ls vtec

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
i was smashing b series with this

1960781_1505737213021039_261581985351941589_o.jpg

with just ported and polish intake manifold and balance shaft delete and full exhaust i put down 230whp just doing those everything else was stock

Last edited by a moderator: