98 Hatch slow motion build.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My multi-year project stretching into it's second year.

Started with a cursed 96 hatch, sold and replaced with a silver 98 hatch.

Current Stats

Engine
Stock D16Y7 ..... (K20A3 build now commencing)
Automatic transmission ...... (RSX Base 5speed with Mfactory LSD)

Suspension
Tein S.Tech springs
Tokico HP shocks
BuddyClub front upper controla rms
BuddyClub rear upper control arms
2000 GSR rear disk brakes
Centric rotors
EBC Ultimax pads
Enkei 92 15X8 w/Bridgestone Potenza RE11-A 205/50/15 (not installed/pictured yet)

Interior and Audio
S2000 steering AP1 steering wheel
Alpine CD/Media player
Pioneer TSSX251 10" sub
Orion Xtreme 5002 amp (powering the sub only)
Pioneer Type-S front and rear speakers.

As she sits currently.

Last edited:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
subscribed

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Another hatch :cool:
Too cool for the roma club eh?

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Another hatch :cool:
Too cool for the roma club eh?

Not about being too good for roma. Red is just my least favorite color. Also, all my other current vehicles are white... I'm sticking with the theme.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BEHOLD! All that is good and holy!
Went to my moms today and dug this out of storage. Most Civic stuff is instinct by now, but I needed whole fold out wiring diagrams!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice!

I remember u!

Single slammer love...

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hah, cool.

I'm up in the air about something, and I need some input..... The drivers seat is torn on the left shoulder side of the seatback... I'm debating on recovering the seat, or getting aftermarket buckets for the front. Any thoughts?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome back.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Get some del sol seats
Once upon a time, I had a Del Sol VTEC. I didn't like the seats in it enough to put them in any other Civic.

It's either re-pad/recover the stock seats... Probably with OEM foam and OEM black seat covers, or aftermarket buckets in the front and recover the back seats with black covers.

My only real issue with buying aftermarket seats is,they're so expensive, and I would like to be able to sit in some to see what fits me, as opposed to blindly ordering some online.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say gsr leathers or s2000 seats or aftermarket...

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I say gsr leathers or s2000 seats or aftermarket...
Hmm, I hadn't thought about S2000 seats... that's not a bad idea.

Leather seats in Texas = no bueno.... jumping in a car with black leather when it's 100°+ and 90% humidity is not at all fun. I already have to do that 50 times a day at work.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here's some of today's handy work

^^^Only real body damage... looks like somebody rubbed against something. no big deal.^^^
Don't let the funky shadow full you! It's only a few slight scrapes... sunlight is not always your friend when taking pictures.

^^^ Some slight damage to the frame/radiator support area that I didn't notice when I bought the car in the dark ^^^
Not a huge deal.. once I get it going, I'll take it to work and have one of the body guys put it on the frame puller and straighten it all out.

After testing and checking a few things, I believe I've narrowed down my no-start to a bad ECU/PCM... going to have to see about finding one cheap to stick in there and see if she fires up.

I trashed all the carpet altogether. The car was filthy inside and the previous owners had spilled drinks of all sorts, and there was candy and chips and food of all kind ground into the car carpet, so I'm not even going to try to clean it. The hatch carpet section had the same problem... also, under the rear carpet, I found a bottle of spray silicon that had overheated and exploded, so there was a puddle of silicon in the spare tire well.
I've also noticed some evidence of water leakage around the front windshield... looks like a cheap window install, so it may not be properly seal. That's going to have to come out when it's time for paint anyways, so I wont worry about that right now, as it'll be in the garage most of the time right now.

All the trim is going to get a thorough cleaning with lots and lots of mean green!

I was also looking at the dash support bars and metal... there's lots of surface rust under there, and I'm very tempted to pull the dash and take the metal normally hidden under the dash to have it sand blasted and powder coated. Overkill?

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd say over kill lol Mine was pretty damn nasty when I bought mine!