98 LX Roller Coaster Noise

CincyCivic

Howdy folks! I have a 98 LX and I just noticed a (new) problem over the weekend. Whenever I idle, either at a stoplight or dead stop on the highway, my car begins making a sound that is comparable to a roller coaster, when you're going up the hill. The noise completely stops and the car is quiet, once it gets back up to 20+ mph.

CincyCivic

It's a basic edition, I guess you'd say- no bells or whistles what so ever. I just recently replaced the radiator, plus upper and lower hose. I'm working on putting new spark plugs in with a new distributor cap. I also need to get a new valve cover put on as there's oil leaking from somewhere- hopefully that'll do the trick.

Here're my CEL codes:

Here's a video of the dash, while idling- that isn't the air conditioning- it's not making the noise now- of course when I take the video. Sounds more like a vacuum.

And a few pictures of the inside under the hood:

Otto85

As for the oil leak replace the valve cover gasket and id go ahead and replace the distributor oil seal just because its leaking in that general area its usually only a few dollars

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk