98 rear coupe bumper fit on 00 civic coupe?

DeviousJuney

Soo im looking for a trade in but im looking to see if a 98 can fit onto a 00 civic without any modifications, (Because im willing to trade my 00 rear civic coupe bumper for 98 civic rear bumper looking for someone that can uninstall a rear bumper andinstall a rear bumper in the ny area)

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Really? 6 hours later on a post made mid-Monday for a topic thst doesnt even involve your engine or drivability.

Ek_Coupe`

Soo im looking for a trade in but im looking to see if a 98 can fit onto a 00 civic without any modifications, (Because im willing to trade my 00 rear civic coupe bumper for 98 civic rear bumper looking for someone that can uninstall a rear bumper andinstall a rear bumper in the ny area)
Just asking why a 98 bumper over a 00 bumper?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I don't see any difference in the two rear bumpers in terms of size, shape, looks, and fitment. Only thing i see is different is the rear tail lights the 99-00 came with those 50/50 taillights as the 96-98 didn't

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The '96-'98 rear bumper tapers down then in while the '99-'00 curls down then back out. Its very subtle.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from the sides of the car, it's much more noticeable because the 99-00 is flat....and the 96-98 matches the quater panels, doors, and shape of the 96-98 front bumper.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
from the sides of the car, it's much more noticeable because the 99-00 is flat....and the 96-98 matches the quater panels, doors, and shape of the 96-98 front bumper.
Oo i see. thats a good way to know/tell