99-00 ebay dual projector headlights - review

firejackal

5+ Year Member
Alright I wanted to give people a heads up on these ebay dual projector headlights.
I've had the headlights for a year now (on a 99 civic si). They do make your car look different, kind of unique (i'm not a fan of stock headlights.) and have been told by people that they thought I had a different car after I put on the projector headlights. but they have their design flaws.

This design flaw which ended introduced other issues is one that I consider to be a major problem. First because these are dual projectors the placement of the projectors where the bulbs go in are being blocked by the car's frame. This introduced a serious problem when assembling everything back on the car, the headlights won't sit flush and the ends of the lights are being pushed up against the frame, bending wires, breaking lights often, and sometimes exposing bare wire from the lights.

This is what the socket looks like being pushed up against the car:

The lo-beam projector is the one being blocked by the car's frame. Because it's blocked, you cannot replace lights as easy or adjust the angle of the light. In order to adjust or replace the bulb, you have to take the whole assembly off first.

These headlights also has halos around the light, there is a led inside the halo which when powered on will light the whole halo ring. Most people have issues with these going out, mine still work, look alright, but very dim. Nowadays most halo lights are using elwire (that wire which lights up.)

For adjusting the angle of the lights, both the hi-beam and lo-beam projectors each has two adjustment bolts. These two bolts are on the bottom of the assembly, it's not as easy to adjust as stock is, or accurate. You have to spend time to adjust the left/right and up/down angle.

Personally after owning these if my car's frame wasn't in the way, these would be perfect. Maybe they work for other cars, or other years of the civic, just not for the 99-00 civics. I would recommend to just save your money. I'm using HIDs in these projectors, and after using HIDs I cannot go back to halogen, halogen is too dim for me now. I'm currently saving up to buy a morimoto retrofit kit and "attempt" to retrofit the stock headlights myself. After all, using HIDs for your lo-beam, there is no reason to have a hi-beam because the lo-beam lights up the area pretty good if adjusted correctly not to blind people.

zoepmp

i almosty bought them for my car, but thought the jdm ones looked better. Just my 2 cents. Glad i didn't

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would rather retrofit stock headlights than buy eBay projectors. I think stock headlights look the best. Ideally, I would retrofit OEM CTR headlights because of the "gunmetal" finish and stock city light.

I have theretrofitsource mini H1 projectors in my stock headlights. Absolutely love them. Cut off is sharp, bixenon is amazing, and puts my Philips Xtreme Power halogen bulbs to shame. Like you, I can't go back to halogen now. It's an insane night and day difference.

shevaun

all things have pros and cons that's why it's very important to settle for high quality ones. buy from trusted source only.

firejackal

5+ Year Member
Just wanted to post an update to this, I ended up doing a retrofit using theretrofitsource's D2S projectors, very easy and cheap, there is some reflection problems but nothing major. Instead of buying projector lights, everyone should go the retrofit direction, $110+shipping for the projectors, $30 for shrouds (if you really wanted to) + $X for your time. I even spent a little more cause I wanted green halos in mine, hehe.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Just wanted to post an update to this, I ended up doing a retrofit using theretrofitsource's D2S projectors, very easy and cheap, there is some reflection problems but nothing major. Instead of buying projector lights, everyone should go the retrofit direction, $110+shipping for the projectors, $30 for shrouds (if you really wanted to) + $X for your time. I even spent a little more cause I wanted green halos in mine, hehe.
Take some pics of them now!!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk