99 DX Hatch Thermostat Replace, How do I?

dx driver 99

5+ Year Member
Hey Everyone.

So I went to the shop about a month ago because my civic was leaking anti frezze (only slightly.... but it was enough to concern me). So I went to the shop and got it pressurized, a half hour later the mechanic came out and told me that I needed a new water pump because it was leaking at the weep hole, my timing belt needed to be replaced, my thermostat, heater hose clamps, left axle seal, and my tranny fluid needed flushing....... long list i know...... I bought the car used and the previous owner didnt take care of it so now I am paying. Go figure eh? So I replaced the water pump and got the axle fixed because ill be damed if I was to do that myself. But i am going to replace my thermostat and heater hose clamps myself.

I drive a 1999 Honda Civic DX Hatch automatic, I have some basic mechanic and engine skills and my brother and father who also own Honda's will be working with me, who also have basic engine and mechanical skills. So question is where is my thermostat located? How do I replace it? and how do i replace the hose clamps?

(I have a basic idea of where the thermo is because i read up on it and suposidly I should follow the top rad hose and it will be right there attached in a casing by 2 or 3 bolts..... however I am not sure. So any help what so ever would be 100% appreciated! Maybe a step by step with pics might do.

Also i live in Canada so some part shops that people have in the states dont apply to me, I get my parts from Canadian Tire and part source lol.