99 ex civic sedan, one day ferio!

knorm

well i just bought a 99 ex sedan, it came with a b18 a1.. i dont know why they swapped in a 90-93 b18 in the car but its going to be changed shortly. my plans with this car are jdm ferio exterior and interior with jdm b18b turbo power plant. now i am a college student with limited funds lol so it may not be the fastes build but i hope to do it the right way. im going to get this swap going asap then off to bar so i can smog and get my tags (ps this is going to be daily driver) i have a few upgrades i have purchased already: skunk 2 coil overs, skunk 2 upper control arms, blox rear lowers, type r lip, 12k HID (the car is so low i needed some good lighting lol there are alot of deer where i live). im putting these on asap. ill be posting picks on shortly. i hope you enjoy! i know i will :lol:

y8games

Creating a thread title that summarizes your tech problem helps you get more responses by letting members know what specific information is needed -- Title edited.

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
12k HID (the car is so low i needed some good lighting lol there are alot of deer where i live)
lol...you wanted more light output so you put on 12k:lol:? If you wanted light output then you should have gone with the highest possible, which is 4300-4500k..., I'm pretty sure 12k is dimmer than stock halogens. anything above 6k is for aesthetics, which if thats what your going for more power to you, but if your concerned about light output i would drop to 5-6k, still has a nice blue to the light but its still very high output.

knorm

lol...you wanted more light output so you put on 12k:lol:? If you wanted light output then you should have gone with the highest possible, which is 4300-4500k..., I'm pretty sure 12k is dimmer than stock halogens. anything above 6k is for aesthetics, which if thats what your going for more power to you, but if your concerned about light output i would drop to 5-6k, still has a nice blue to the light but its still very high output.
i was told that in cali any thing over 6,000 was illegal so i didnt want to draw too much attention
i figured 12000 was good. it definatly way brighter than stock!

knorm

a few things i did this past week, enine swap out with the 94ls in with the 99ls, blox LCAs, snunk2 UCAs and coilovers...