99 honda civic missfiring, getting code P0301,P0303.P0300,P1399

masti

Hi Guys,
I'm new to this forum, hope one of you guys could help me.
I got 99 honda civic and since last week it started missfiring and i'm getting these codes.i replaced spark plugs, wires,and the problem still persists.Somebody told me that i might have blown head gasket or a cracked cylinder head so i went ahead and got myself a test kit from autozone and did the test,Thank god it is not a head gasket.
what else could be the problem? Any suggestion i would appreciate.
you think its a time to replace distributor rotor and a cap?Also for your info i've not done anything to the timing.
Thanks,

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had this same issue this pass weekend. I changed my spark plugs, cap and rotor and it seems to have fix the problem for now.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
So Cylender 1 missfire, Cylender 3 missfire, Random missfire, and multiple Missfires....
Deffinatly as stated before, Cap&Rotor, Plugs and wires, and New plugs are deffinatly the way to start, You are usually looking at about $150!

P.S. Check your timing belt, after so long they are prone to failure!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Check dizzy cap and rotor for any buildup/wear, if so then replace them. Hopefully you don't have a bigger problem such as a coil or dizzy.

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
Check valve clearance? Too tight can cause random misfires like that if the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor have already been replaced. How's the timing? Make sure its set right too.

masti

Sorry for the late reply guys. Just worked on my car after letting it sit in my garage for a while. This is what i did. I changed the spark plug wires, changed the timing belt, water pump, tensioner and it run's smooth as ever, no misfirings nothing.I dont know what solved the problem.But since i was working on it definitely as taluzer45 suggested i changed the rest of the parts too.
Thanks