99% of clutch pedal is play

RJochim

The very last inch or so just barely engages the clutch. It definitely was NOT like that this morning! 97 Civic with b18 from 2001 integra ls. Guy I bought it from says the clutch is "stage 3".

Any help and/or advice would be grand.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Make sure you have clutch fluid in. If none, bleed the system, look for leaks.

RJochim

Pedal is now useless. Can't get into gear. I'll check the fluid when I get the chance. On the chance that it's not the fluid, what else could it be? I haven't seen any signs of leakage but I will double check everywhere I went yesterday. Thank you so much!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Could be air in the lines. Top off the fluid, bleed the clutch, see if pressure returns. If not, could also be an issue with the master or slave cylinder, etc.

RJochim

Could be air in the lines. Top off the fluid, bleed the clutch, see if pressure returns. If not, could also be an issue with the master or slave cylinder, etc.
Thanks for the tip. I just hope it's not raining when I get home... I'll keep everyone posted!

xHanzJay

Lulzaflopter
sounds like the slave went bad to me. that's exactly the same symptoms as when it went bad on my hatch

RJochim

Not only was it raining when I got home. It is now snowing. No joke, it was 80 and sunny yesterday. Gotta love Vermont weather! Looks like I'm taking the bus tomorrow. Hahaha! Thank you all for the advice. As soon as I'm able, this car is getting fixed! Again, I'll keep you all posted =)

RJochim

Hey everyone. I was able to take a look at where I usually park at work. There are couple little puddles/stains from what I think is my clutch fluid (and hopefully nothing else). I'll start hunting for leaks and see if anything else should be addressed. Thanks again =)

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like clutch cylinder you'll probably have to replace it. check inside the car near the pedal to see if any fluid is leaking into the car. it's not fun getting out of carpet.

RJochim

Finally had my car looked at on Saturday and it's the clutch master cylinder. Once I'm slightly less poor, I'll buy a new one and swap it in. Thanks everyone :D

RJochim

Replaced the clutch master cylinder yesterday and boy, what a difference! Just need to adjust the pedal a bit to get rid of some slack. What a pain in the booty that was, hahaha! Thank you all for your input, it was extremely helpful =)