'99 Si: exhaust suggestions

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
But when you break it down, whats the difference? A tube is a tube no matter who's name is on it.. And muffler inerts are usually the same.. Vibrant using stainless steel wool packing instead of cheap fiberglass.

SO, when you break it down, all your paying for is just a name. maybe the Apexi sounds a little different.. probably caused by more preforations in the tube inside the muffler.. still doenst make me want to blow more Benjamins on it. Just like AEM's Intakes.. 250 bucks for a painted metal tube with an AEM decal on it.. But with the right marketing and brainwashing, kids will line up with their dunkin donut paychecks and buy the thing.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But when you break it down, whats the difference? A tube is a tube no matter who's name is on it.. And muffler inerts are usually the same.. Vibrant using stainless steel wool packing instead of cheap fiberglass.

SO, when you break it down, all your paying for is just a name. maybe the Apexi sounds a little different.. probably caused by more preforations in the tube inside the muffler.. still doenst make me want to blow more Benjamins on it. Just like AEM's Intakes.. 250 bucks for a painted metal tube with an AEM decal on it.. But with the right marketing and brainwashing, kids will line up with their dunkin donut paychecks and buy the thing.
the apexi ws2 piping is actually different. It's lined inside of the piping. The muffler is high grade like vibrant stuff as well. You have a point with the marketing, like i said, back in the day, the apexi full catback used to be cheap and worth the money, now it's more than double the original cost. That's just smart business practice lol.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How I'm asking you how it's bad nothing bad ever happened to my car or anybody I know noob
Read your post out loud, it literally makes no sense.
No punctuation, run on rambling with words that don't belong where you're using them, noob.

:roll:

itzrivera

^yo i was dying trying to read that lol I was reading it in the voice of boomhauer from king of the hill

saquon

Read your post out loud, it literally makes no sense.
No punctuation, run on rambling with words that don't belong where you're using them, noob.

:roll:
But all I wanna know how it back fire bad for my car I asked you that twice I guess you can't read and sorry I'm not using punctuations lol you'll be okay I'm just saying that BACK FIRE on really can't hurt your car like you said fuel left in the pipe and it's shoots fire OUT the muffler not back in the car homie so it really can't hurt it

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
But all I wanna know how it back fire bad for my car I asked you that twice I guess you can't read and sorry I'm not using punctuations lol you'll be okay I'm just saying that BACK FIRE on really can't hurt your car like you said fuel left in the pipe and it's shoots fire OUT the muffler not back in the car homie so it really can't hurt it

Wut?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you want real answers, use real sentences. Nobody will answer you if they can't understand what you're asking!

Reactions: HeX

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the apexi ws2 piping is actually different. It's lined inside of the piping. The muffler is high grade like vibrant stuff as well. You have a point with the marketing, like i said, back in the day, the apexi full catback used to be cheap and worth the money, now it's more than double the original cost. That's just smart business practice lol.

IDK what lining you speak of.. maybe this was something back in the day.. I see mportedcivicsi likes your post.. but after lookig on the Apexi site, I still dont see anything special to warrant the money theyre asking for some BS piping and a basic generic muffler with a tip.
WS2 Muffler, 1992-2000 Honda Civic EX, Si
They use cheap steel for the piping and use powdercating to keep it from rusting.. But a Vibrant 304 stainless muffler is under 100 bucks. SO, again, For the cost vs performance, these are the reasons I dont jump on the namebrand bandwagon and be a cheerleader for something that has a name, but doesnt deliver. Now, If theres a company that has proven results, Im all for supporting the part.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i owned the damn exhaust several times over the years. the only thing that changed was the color of the coating to prevent rust. The piping is double lined. if you look into it, you can see the two separate pieces. YES the damn current price is outrageous and you can have an exhaust much cheaper, but it's still not the same as what apexi offers. So no need to be defensive over it, i agree its priced too high, and i've stated a couple times that it didn't have such a high price years ago, but it's still a quality product that's better than it appears. Can't really discredit them just because of economics lol, I'd sell it for more if people bought it for more money. That's just good business.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea true.. todays kids qill buy anything if its marketed right..

Steve jobs can s**t in a white box and kids wil be at the door at 4am to buy it

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Steve jobs can s**t in a white box and kids wil be at the door at 4am to buy it
That's some old s**t, seeing as he died 5 years ago lol. That being said, you're still 100% correct.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want real answers, use real sentences. Nobody will answer you if they can't understand what you're asking!
Agreed. @saquon, understand that a group of members all say that you write so poorly that its difficult to understand most of what you write. Its time that you listen and make a serious effort to be understood if you ever expect to receive help & be a productive member in this forum. You want free help so try showing respect and appreciation for it by writing clearly.

saquon

Lol so you telling me since I ask how will back fire hurt my car and now y'all can't understand what I'm saying? You want me to say it in Spanish all I was doing was "telling"somebody how I ran my exhaust and I don't know how to talk lol Ight

Agreed. @saquon, understand that a group of members all say that you write so poorly that its difficult to understand most of what you write. Its time that you listen and make a serious effort to be understood if you ever expect to receive help & be a productive member in this forum. You want free help so try showing respect and appreciation for it by writing clearly.
It's not my fault half of the people on here don't have cars and get butthurt lol I'm just passing on something that I did not seen on the internet

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol so you telling me since I ask how will back fire hurt my car and now y'all can't understand what I'm saying? You want me to say it in Spanish all I was doing was "telling"somebody how I ran my exhaust and I don't know how to talk lol Ight

It's not my fault half of the people on here don't have cars and get butthurt lol I'm just passing on something that I did not seen on the internet

This nonsensical reply says enough about your general effort and lack thereof. Good luck in finding resolutions to your issues.