Cheap fix for Civic body roll

ziconceo

As I'm sure some of you 99 civic owners know, on sharp turns the car has really bad body roll. Luckily I had a spare trampoline around and made a cross brace out of it. Now my car feels like a bmw lol. Less vibration and the ability to make sharper turns at speed are the result!

The center was bent with a pipe bender to increase rigidity even more.

You'll notice from the pics I'm more of a practicality over looks kinda guy with my car lol

Last edited:

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, that's one way to do it!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That must be the most (effectively) ghetto strut bar I've ever seen, and yet its still not ricey. Spray paint it a bright color and that opinion may change.

ldiaz04

That must be the most (effectively) ghetto strut bar I've ever seen, and yet its still not ricey. Spray paint it a bright color and that opinion may change.
lol so true

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Whatever works haha. I appreciate custom work that doesn't suck, even if a brand new strut bar is only $20 :lol:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that's true also. if it works, and its still safe, then why not??
Exactly, and tbh, OP's trampoline bar looks good. I can't judge welds though.

ziconceo

Whatever works haha. I appreciate custom work that doesn't suck, even if a brand new strut bar is only $20 [emoji38]
Yea but those 20$ ones are ricer aluminum pieces of trash haha My strut will never warp or bend. ;)

Exactly, and tbh, OP's trampoline bar looks good. I can't judge welds though.
The welds are ugly haha Galvanized steel isn't the best candidate.