a little help please

RedCivy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i can't figure this out so maybe someone else can help me.. (its a 2000 si)

Driving my car the other day and the check engine light pops on and starts blinking.....Get the car back to the garage and it feels slow as hell like it has no power... So i checked all the obvious and what not... To make a long story short
Checked to see what code it was throwing and it said there was a missfire in cylinder 1 ( p301 i believe)
Did a compression test and everything was fine.....the coil was fried so i replaced the coil, the rotor, dist. cap,plug wires( they were shorting out at the head) (plugs were just changed about a month ago).... Still is messed up... the check engine light doesn't stay on it just blinks then will stay solid and shut off ...then turn back on blinking again ..and do the same thing over and over

The first night it happened i looked under the car and where the exhaust and cat meet it was glowing red...Which means its getting to much fuel and its burning it all at the cat i thought.... now when i hit the gas and watch under the car the entire exhaust shakes back and forth pretty bad... The car is now at honda cuz i have no clue what to do, but any suggestions would help so that i don't have to pay them to do it... :x

Last edited: