a pop/clunk sound 97 civic ,, is it my driver side acv axle, or a motor mount.?

esebanester

Went with 2 mechanics ,, one says cv axle driver side,, one says ac bracket holds motor down and needsit , but idont have ac or power steering annd that it also needs a front mount,

Anyone know forsure?

At high speeds smooth shifts,,, at low speeds from 1st to second clunk pop sound I feel it
In the shifter like something is pulling or unsecure transmission mount?

What mounts are needed?.
B20ls 97civic
Help,,,,,,,,

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you dont have a front mount.

You have an engine mount, transmision mount, and 3 torque mounts.

T mount in the rear, t mount on the A/c bracket and bolts under the driver side frame, and t mount on the bracket bolted to the trans and goes on the underside of the passenger frame rail.

The lower torque mounts commonly fail. if you just got the car, or bought it with a swap, I have seen many cars missing these altogether. You can fill them with window weld, buy inserts, or replace them. Axles would be clicking during hard low speed turns if they are going bad. Maybe someone can chime in more on how to effectively diagnose this.

esebanester

you dont have a front mount.

You have an engine mount, transmision mount, and 3 torque mounts.

T mount in the rear, t mount on the A/c bracket and bolts under the driver side frame, and t mount on the bracket bolted to the trans and goes on the underside of the passenger frame rail.

The lower torque mounts commonly fail. if you just got the car, or bought it with a swap, I have seen many cars missing these altogether. You can fill them with window weld, buy inserts, or replace them. Axles would be clicking during hard low speed turns if they are going bad. Maybe someone can chime in more on how to effectively diagnose this.
Ok so I don't have an ac bracket its like broken off .I'm ordering some mounts from innovative
He says the 3 bravkets included should fix the problem.

Engine and trans mouny are good, t mount in rear good, t mount a/c driver side missing, and trans mount good.
Ima purchse them anyway , he's promising free work if he's wrong . Plus they'll look dope .
If this doesn't fix my problem then ill post about it and move on to another part that could cause this