1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

A000 vs b000

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by rsw912, Feb 27, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. rsw912

rsw912 New Member

Hey I just got all my swap stuff to do my transmission in my 95 civic ex. The guy sold me a A000 and said it come out of an ex but i guess he lied because its a A000. What is the big difference in the 2 and will it hurt to run that trans in my ex?

2. R3dline

R3dline F*** you. Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

what?

3. milanoej1

milanoej1 New Member 5+ Year Member

iconfused...

4. 2NRSTV

2NRSTV Team Exile/ADO Garage Registered VIP

The big difference between the A000 and the B000 would be the gearing. The A000 came out of either CX, VX, DX, or LX. There are differences between the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears along with the final drive. 1st, 5th, and Reverse are the same across the board.

And no, it will not hurt to run the A000 in your car.

5. 12.8:1 Ls/vtec

12.8:1 Ls/vtec IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Yep he lied. Will it WORK? Yes. Is it as good for acceleration? No.