? about turbo civic

94integra-ls

Im going to look at a 95 civic with a d16z6 turboed.it sounds like the motor is built but he said it smokes really bad and said that its white smoke.he said its a head gasket and easy fix he also told me that theengine is fine.what shoild I be looking for when I go look at this car to ensure that the motor is in good condtion and all I need to do is do a head gasket? Please help I woild be tradeing my daily 94integra ls and this car would be my new daily till I get a truck so pkease help me makethe right choice.

Jermee

Registered VIP
Don't do it

Sent from your moms house.

92lseg

buying a boosted car with problems... sounds like a terrible idea..

headgaskets dont usually just fail out of the blue, something happens to cause the headgasket failure

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
buying a boosted car with problems... sounds like a terrible idea..

headgaskets dont usually just fail out of the blue, something happens to cause the headgasket failure
Exactly. Like the owner abusing the car and/or driving like a d**k, probably beating the crap out of the motor. If you want to find something already built make sure there's no issues (and properly tuned)... will cost you a little more but would be worth it in the end.

Jermee

Registered VIP
I wouldn't trade my daily for a modified car to begin with...well....a boosted car anyways.

Sent from your moms house.

94integra-ls

He said that the dump tude wad hanging a little to low and it hit a speed bump and knocked the manifold off and after that he noticed the smoke.i went and looked at it and there was no oil in the antifreeze and no milky stuff under the oil cap and oil looked good.he said that the valve guide seals were lifted and that might be why it was smoking.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As with everyone else, don't buy this car. You're asking for trouble. Blown head gasket usually means warped head, which will be a huge headache down the line.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol. This shouldn't even be a question. Do you know the guy? Why are you listening to him? So what ever he says you are believing?

I would walk away from this train wreck and the seller sounds full of s**t. Ask your self why is he so willing to get rid of this thing? Think literally, not what the seller is feeding you. It is extremely obvious why he is getting rid of it. You would be an absolute fool to trade your daily driver for this thing.

94integra-ls

The reason he is getting rid of it is cuse he just a lexus 230 and is getting out of the honda game.he is military and seems like a good person.

Thanks guys for all the responses and im going to pass on the car.

PNK SLP

5+ Year Member
The reason he is getting rid of it is cuse he just a lexus 230 and is getting out of the honda game.he is military and seems like a good person.

Thanks guys for all the responses and im going to pass on the car.

if you want the car, take it to speed factory in tacoma and have them look it over and make sure its nothing serious.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Speedfactory is about 6 hours away from Spokane. That's one hell of a drive to take it to get looked at.

PNK SLP

5+ Year Member
I guess so. Well if he is looking for another boosted honda have them look it over either way.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol. Well there you go.

/thread.