ABS troubleshooting

wingerr

I've got a 94 EX with a 1-0 code, and it seems the control for the ABS relay is not turning on the coil. I can hear the pump run if I jumper the terminals at the relay socket.
The coil terminal shows battery voltage when the car is switched on, but no ground switch on the other side of the coil, even after switching on the ignition to the run position.
I saw some procedure for resetting the ABS code using the brake pedal with the diagnostic connector jumpered, but that didn't apply to the 94 apparently, because pressing the brakes didn't do anything.
Is the ABS relay control coming straight from the ABS module? Maybe a bad connection?

tappa tawk

wingerr

Thanks for the info!
I traced the ABS motor relay control line wiring from the relay socket to the connector at the control module at the rear quarter panel and the wiring looks okay, color of the wire matched the yellow/red on the wiring schematic of a prelude that I found posted online. Going by that, it seems like the control unit may be bad. I've ordered a replacement to try out as they were surprisingly inexpensive on eBay.
I was going to try grounding the control line at the module briefly to see if that drives the ABS relay on, and also check if the failsafe relay drive signal is active.
Do you have schematics of the 94 civic, in case the Honda prelude copy I'm using isn't exactly the same?

tappa tawk