AC Compressor click noise after belt change?

H-man

I recently changed my ac compressor belt and started noticing a distinct 'click' sound every time the compressor kicks on. When i first installed the belt, I was getting a high pitched whine noise, so I loosened the belt at it went away, but then this 'click' noise started soon after. It's just one click and it does it every time the compressor first kicks on. Any ideas? I've read on other forums that tightening the belt back up might take care of it, but if I do that I'm worried the whine will return.

Car is a '94 Civic f.w.i.w.

RonJ

Banned
It's normal to hear the compressor click when you turn on the A/C. It's the sound of the compressor armature plate engaging with the pulley.

H-man

It's normal to hear the compressor click when you turn on the A/C. It's the sound of the compressor armature plate engaging with the pulley.
Thing is, I've had the car for 15 years, and I've never had it make this noise, at least not to the point that I could hear it at highway speeds like I do now. Obviously changing the belt did something, as the noise started right after the change.

RonJ

Banned
Post a sound clip or video of the sound. Otherwise, it's difficult to grasp what the problem might be.