AddictionJDM's EM2/DC5 Swap

AddictionJDM

Respected
Seeing how I'm going to have so many questions over the next little while I figured I would reuse my same thread to prevent clutter on the main forum section. I'll update the answers as I go, incase anyone else ever wants to read up. Hopefully I'll be able to add pictures to the finished thread as well.

So, I've been reading pages and pages of information and I've yet to find a solid answer. So here we are, I didn't wanna revive a 10 year old thread to ask some questions.

I currently own a 2004 Honda Civic SE, as well as a 2003 Acura RSX type S. In complete working order; both of them run and drive, and are saftied and etested.

I'm looking to K swap my civic. Here's the questions I have.

From what I gather, I only need the hasport mounts to complete the swap, because everything else I need is with my type s. Correct?

- Yes, correct. 92-95 Civic Power steering reservoir and hose are recommended.

I know I have everything for the 5 lug conversion, can I use the civic brake Booster and such the way it sits or do I need to swap that out of the RSX to?

- Reccomnded to swap them, for the brake rotar and caliper size difference.

In that same note, when I drop the motor from the RSX, am I able to just drop the subframe with the motor and axles and knuckles and struts all as one unit? I'm taking it all anyways.

-Yes, this is the fastest and easiest way.

If I swap out the front end conversion, meaning I would have the RSX rad support, I can use the rad and everything will fit? No cutting holes in the hood to make room for the PS pump?

-Yes, everything will fit, even without the front end conversion. (I've decided not to do it)

Seeing I have the donor, and all of the interior fits, am I able to take the complete wiring harness, the ecu, the cluster, the dash, the steering wheel, seats, console and transfer it all over?

- Yes, %90 of the car is use able. I intend on taking the complete wire harness, ecu, dash, cluster, heated seats, 5 lug conversion, steering column with ignition.

The shifter box and cables all work in the EM2 shell as well right?

- Yes, however the Type S shifter box and the EM2 shifter box have different bends in the shift shaft, and the Type S is about 3/4" longer.

I'm planning on doing this soon, as in next weekend without much help, I don't like letting people mess with my stuff. No, I don't have a hoist and all that fancy stuff but I've got many years withwrenches, and done my fair share of swaps. Confident it can be done, I'm just looking for as much info as possible before I rip two good running cars apart to create something awesome.

Thanks for any tips or help in advance.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AddictionJDM

Respected
I'm curious to know if the EM2 and DC5 fuel pumps are interchangeable. I'd like to leave the wire harness as much intact as possible, since I'm already using the RSX harness, am I able to just slam the fuel pump in the EM2 as well?