Advice on Current Project

DomkeBoy

5+ Year Member
Open to all opinions and suggestions. I was just going to explain what I have done so far. Along with any future plans.

...ALREADY HAVE...

Shell: 1997 Civic DX Coupe (Power Nothing!)
Engine: D16y8 (Head/Block/ALL y8)
Head: Freshly surfaced, Seat & Valves grind, New valve seals, Valves/Springs 60k miles, jet wash & cast blast
Block: Pistons & Crank 60k miles, New main & piston bearings, New gaskets, jet washed
Intake: 3 wire IAC
56MM Throttle Body
3" short ram tube
3" K&N cone filter
Automatic Trans. Manifold (Using w/ 5-spd Manual Trans)
Exhaust: 4-2-1 Headers 2" w/ flex pipe & flat flange - No Cat - 2" Honda Resonator - 2" Honda Muffler
Suspension: Honda Strut/Shock/Springs, Custom Front Camper Adjustable,
Brakes: Rear & Front Swap <DA Intgera>
Wheels: 14" Steelies
Battery: 850watt (in the trunk)

Here are some pictures of the project=

BEFORE (hacked up harness)

AFTER (vtec additional wires & all around clean up)

Should be insured very soon after the exhaust is welded on. I was going to relocate my battery too. Then I can test drive it. Im pretty happy with the great deals I have ran into and how nicely this project came together. Looks is my last issue right now. i swapped out all the shock/strut & got all for discs spun. Pads are great. Timing in the engine is perfect. It starts. All lights work. Have every little interior piece I need and a shop waiting to paint it something during the spring or summer. Then...

...LATER ON...

-ENGINE-
Port & Polish
4-1 DC Sport Exhaust Manifold
HKS Hi-Power Muffler
60mm Honda Throttle Body
Wire Tuck

-EXTERIOR-
White SUPER gloss Paint
Si Spoiler
Valeo Headlights

-INTERIOR-
EK4 Steering Wheel (non srs)
ex gauge cluster
Recaro style seats & B-pillar bar
Oil Pressure & Oil Temp Gauges

-WHEELIES & SUSPENSION-
BMW Bottlecaps
Progress Coilovers 350/350

-IF I FEEL LIKE GETTING CRAZY-
Hondata w/p28

OKAY...remember, this thing is going to be my daily driver. I do not really want to do any any cam work or piston work as of right now. Just want all stock y8 internals. Im wondering what you guys think I could add onto plans of your opinions of what I could change and pretty much any advice for future reference. I know what I am doing, but I feel like most people on here have seen more of a variety of Civics than I have, along with the outcomes of some routes. I may be already taking myself down the same road some of you have seen. It's nice to have a pre warning or example ya know.
Thanks.

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
save yourself the money and time, swap out the piece of s**t y8 for something worthy.
Red or Black CTR Recaros

Dumped on Si wheels = win. always has always will.

DomkeBoy

5+ Year Member
ADDED PICS!

save yourself the money and time, swap out the piece of s**t y8 for something worthy.
Red or Black CTR Recaros

Dumped on Si wheels = win. always has always will.
I actually already saved money buy doing the y8 project. Mainly because of the people I know and the particular situation.

Si wheels are sick...
I kinda want Del sol wheels...super small.

I used to be all for the y8.........until i swapped it out lol
I am sure the same thing will happen to me once I swap it out. Since its a daily driver I am hoping that will be a long time from now and that the y8 will last.