AFC hack really bad idea?

usafdad120108

I know im prolly going to get shot down but its worth a shot. so I want to turbo my y7 but for that to work i would have to covert to obd I and switch my manifold with a y8 to get the 2 wire iacv blah blah blah u guys know the drill. So my question is since im on a budget would the afc hack be a better choice that way i wouldnt have to do all the work of switching the manifold and converting all that stuff. I would use a set of dsm 450s and the rest i could use towards some good quality turbo parts. what you guys think i only am looking to boost 6-7 psi nothing crazy. just looking for some input

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why not just get an obd1 ecu chipped for whatever set up you want to run and use a obd2-obd1 jumper harness

usafdad120108

cause i have to switch my intake to have a 2 wire iacv then i have to have someone tune it and thats monkey i could put toward quality turbo parts

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cause i have to switch my intake to have a 2 wire iacv then i have to have someone tune it and thats monkey i could put toward quality turbo parts
you dont have to change anything to run an obd1 ecu with a jumper harness. a good tuner will e able to make you a chip with a basemap for the set up you put together. if yo want to buy quality turbo parts dont cheap out on the important side of the build and tune with an afc

usafdad120108

I was under the impression that I would have to change my intake and get an 2 wire IACV since the y7 is a 3 wire IACV and cannot be run on an OBD 1 ecu. Am I wrong in thinking this?

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
double check me but im pretty sure you dont have too