After new IMA battery pack is installed?

Jude5150

After a new ima battery pack was installed on my 07 hybrid I would like to know if the software was updated by the dealer to use less of the battery pack for assist and not fully charge the IMA battery. The new battery pack does not stay fully charged does not give massist full unless the battery is at least 70% charged. I live in Riverside California which is semi arid desert area often in the mid to high 90's during the summer months. I feel that the dealer may have changed the software for the charging system of IMA. My gas mileage has dropped from 39 mpg to about 34 mpg engine has 151000 miles on it seems to run well. I just have issues with the IMA System

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Would be better to ask the dealer, than us. Not very likely that they messed with any kind of coding without documenting it. Call them and ask...

Jude5150

Would be better to ask the dealer, than us. Not very likely that they messed with any kind of coding without documenting it. Call them and ask...
I could do that but I really don't trust the answers that the dealer gives me. Seems like they detuned the electric motor assist :-(

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Being that a lot of us work at dealers, or have worked at dealers I can tell you (and I am sure others would back me) that it is pretty highly unlikely unless some campaign from Honda was put out to do that because of safety concerns. Why would they lie to you? It isn't like some shady back yard ghetto mechanic that doesn't give a s**t. The dealer is regulated, trained, and sanctioned by the manufacturer. At least all of our different franchises are within this autogroup here at work (Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, VW, Dodge, Ram, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Nissan, Cadillac/GMC).

Sounds like you have a preconceived notion about the dealership though so there isn't much to do at this point. I highly doubt they "detuned" anything though without documenting it. Plus, it isn't like tuning software that is bootlegged at a speedshop, the dealers have scan tools that scan codes, direct there where to go for a fix, some walk them through it, program keys, and clear codes, but most aren't capable of "detuning" anything.

It's possible that the software was updated, but again it should be documented on the repair order. They have to document all and the customer needs to sign off on any expenses. At least that is how it's done around here...I thought it was a consumer law.