Aftermarket Tac

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Type this into google...

How to install aftermarket tach into honda civic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trekk

Registered VIP
Just buy a cluster with a tach in it off ebay or something, the car is alreay wired up for it, so you just plug it in, and your done. The tech part of the cluster just unscrews out, so you can swap it into your cluster to keep your milage if you want.

CO671

Registered VIP
How about an LX/EX (blue) or a 98-01 CRV cluster (orange)? They plug and bolt directly in.
Here's mine (auto cluster but covered with black electrical tape)

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk

PT six secondz

Ok so if I was to buy a new cluster how do I change the miles to match what the car actually has. This is solely for resale ease.

PT six secondz

Just buy a cluster with a tach in it off ebay or something, the car is alreay wired up for it, so you just plug it in, and your done. The tech part of the cluster just unscrews out, so you can swap it into your cluster to keep your milage if you want.

So do you just take out the speedometer of my current cluster and replace my new cluster with it so the miles remain the same?

-Thanks

Trekk

Registered VIP
Yes the clear plastic lens popps off then you can pop the trim off and see the one cluster is actually 3. The center speedo is held in by 2 screws in the back if I remember correct. Just unscrew them, pop it out and swap it with the other cluster.

greenEJ6

So I have a '98 dx auto. I can just swap to any 6th gen cluster plug and play?

This is a 96ish C-RV cluster in my 99 sedan and it was plug and play I just have connectors on the cluster that aren't hooked up due the mo not having abs

CO671

Registered VIP
So I have a '98 dx auto. I can just swap to any 6th gen cluster plug and play?
Yeah, 6th Gen civic clusters are plug & play, as well as 1st gen (97-01) CRV Clusters.
Mine posted above, and so is greenEJ6