Ahh peace of mind...

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats up peeps i just sold my '92 Civic hatch and got this '95 Eclipse GSX (Turbo/AWD) i was wondering what do u guys think.....im boostin approx10-12 psi right now. Have lost 1 race out of 11 and it was to an Evo 8 (i felt like i was in my civic again when i got spanked) go figure.....

johnny0

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice eclipse dude looks good how much did the evo take you by? what mods do you have also? get some engine pics too =) lol question after question

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not feelin the wheels, kit, or fenders. but i love turbo awd.

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the Evo and i started off in low revs in 2nd at about 15 mph and he just had me from the start it was kinda like a 96 ex versus like a 96 type-r tegra. it was no match at all. The mods that i have now are Dejon Intercooler, Greddy Intercooler piping, Greddy Blow of valve, Injen intake, Apex turbo downpipe and Apex catback exhaust, Magnacore spark wires and ZEX spark plugs, ACT stage 3 clutch. KYB shocks are going in this week as well as Brembo rotors and Greenstuff brakepads all around.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
damn nice man, i'm a huge dsm lover and plan on going back to one shortly. i'm tired of always losing, and even more tired of the fact that i'd have to dump atleast 3 grand into this POS just to get it running semi respectable times...

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
next time u see him, run him off the road and steal his motor. your's isnt long for this world, especially with that clutch. crankwalk, here you come. and if not crankwalk, your t case or trans will go.

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks fellas, i think it was worth the money i paid. not to diss my fellow honda owners, dont get me wrong in some ocassions i prefer my honda but now that i got this car i feel like when your a nerd that gets picked on by all the bullies, then you grow up and you're end up becoming the bully yourself. Plus when i end up getting my promotion at work in about a month and a half im going to be making double my salary and the car is getting shipped to Wyoming to get completely tuned by a friend up there. (his 2nd Gen is only pumping out 600hp, lol)

If thou crank walketh then i shalt conduct an insurance jobeth, and claimeth thy deserved cashedd,

2000SIR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have owned 2 dsm's a 1990 Talon fwd turbo and 1991 Talon awd turbo both of them were a nightmare to own dont get me wrong they are a blast do drive but they break down quite a bit and are very expensive to repair. On the 91 spent almost 10gs fixing and the 90 spend around 4g's fixing I really wanna get a evo in the future but the fact that it has the 4g63 mtr makes me a bit nervous but im sure they have worked the majority of all the bugs out of it.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
next time u see him, run him off the road and steal his motor. your's isnt long for this world, especially with that clutch. crankwalk, here you come. and if not crankwalk, your t case or trans will go.
just because some early 2g dsm's have crankwalk doesnt mean ALL of them have it... so unless you have one hell of a crystal ball that you're not sharing with the rest of the world SHUTUP. and the tranny/t case's are very reliable till up around 300hp or so... so i wouldnt worry to much if i were him. i've owned 7 dsm's and 6 honda's... dsm's have proven to be much more reliable for me... just ask my 90k honda civic that's smoking like a pig....

most people who have problems with dsm's are idiots that dont know how to drive or take car of awd turbo cars....

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
2000SIR said:
I have owned 2 dsm's a 1990 Talon fwd turbo and 1991 Talon awd turbo both of them were a nightmare to own dont get me wrong they are a blast do drive but they break down quite a bit and are very expensive to repair. On the 91 spent almost 10gs fixing and the 90 spend around 4g's fixing I really wanna get a evo in the future but the fact that it has the 4g63 mtr makes me a bit nervous but im sure they have worked the majority of all the bugs out of it.
if you really did spend 10g's fixing a 91 and 4g's on the 90... then there is no hope for you, you need to start riding a bicycle and somebody else needs to control your finances because that's just stupid. you can more than replace then entire car for 4g's... no clue what the f**k you spent 10 on...

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have been rethinking about tuning the car up to more horsepower but i think that what i got is sufficient, i know that the more mods you install the more variables and problems you are more liable to have. Yes i have heard of some of the problems that DSMs have but you cant predict everything and like Todd said not all of them get it, the only thing that could go would be my tranny and i dont even think i drive the car hard enough for that to happen anytime soon. The T case was replaced by the previous owner at the dealership about a year ago. hehehe I beat a a 1.8t jetta tonight on the way home from work ....record now stands at 14-1. ahh i now have a dilema, i need new front and rear bumpers and i dont know what to decide any of you guys have any suggestions, keep in mind im lookin for something mild in the front and the blitz bmper is played out. any suggestions???

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Todd said:
just because some early 2g dsm's have crankwalk doesnt mean ALL of them have it... so unless you have one hell of a crystal ball that you're not sharing with the rest of the world SHUTUP. and the tranny/t case's are very reliable till up around 300hp or so... so i wouldnt worry to much if i were him. i've owned 7 dsm's and 6 honda's... dsm's have proven to be much more reliable for me... just ask my 90k honda civic that's smoking like a pig....

most people who have problems with dsm's are idiots that dont know how to drive or take car of awd turbo cars....

a 95 4g63 is... an early 2g 4g63, that is, 7 bolt fly/ 4 bolt rear end. its not power that causes crankwalk, its clutches. the reason they crankwalk is a faulty oil squirter valve, which easily sticks open. when stuck open, it causes a drop in oil pressure right near the crank main bearing. a stronger aftermarket clutch pushes harder against the oil starved bearings, causing it to begin to migrate across the journals- ie. crankwalk. im glad you've had great luck with dsm's, i know many people that have had the same as you. i also know many that have had nothing but problems with them. and you are correct that many of the problems come from bad drivers, but thats true of all cars. i was merely pointing out the weaknesses of his choice in cars. believe it or not i actually know of which i speak.

2000SIR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
if you really did spend 10g's fixing a 91 and 4g's on the 90... then there is no hope for you, you need to start riding a bicycle and somebody else needs to control your finances because that's just stupid. you can more than replace then entire car for 4g's... no clue what the f**k you spent 10 on...
it was 10gs canadian d**k head dont start getting lippy I know my share about cars they were both lemons I had bad luck with the cars not saying I didnt love owning them there just seemed to always be problems with them. My awd went on the 91 and that end up just costing 4000 alone. Dont worry buddy I can control my finances I drive a very reliable sir that puts your hurtin ex to shame so dont talk like your the big man.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
HA! FUNNY SHEIT!

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
youve owned 7 dsm's and 6 honda's? do u have money coming out ur ass?

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think todd is just having a bad day. I would love to own a evo but man the insurance would eat me alive.