aiming headlights?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright so heres some background:

Basically I was in an accident a while ago and it ripped out the front bumper support from the chassis. My dad and I fixed the support and got it back on and we did the best we could to re-align the front end. Everything fits pretty well, but ran into a problems with my headlights (couldnt see s**t). At first, I thought it was the bulbs, but I even changed those out to nighthawks, and although brighter I couldnt really see far infront of me. So my question is, I know there the knobs / gears on the back of the headlight of assembly (a vertical and horizontal), but where exactly is the vertical adjuster? I cant find it. Maybe a pic for reference would be helpful. I tried looking it up in the manual, but its tough. I guess im hoping for someone from experience of this to be able to point me in the right direction.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There is no vertical adjuster as far as I know. I tried looking around the entire rear area of the headlights and had no luck. The best you can do is just play around with the bolts holding the headlight down. Loosen the 2 on top and the 1 inside and under the radiator support. You can reach in through the grill area but since you have the OEM one, that'll be a bit tough so you'll prolly have the remove the front bumper.

But yeah I loosened all 3 and pushed/pulled on the headlight until I got it to aim good enough. There really won't be a HUGE difference, but it did help for me.

Also, I'm not sure if they do anything, but that one metal piece INSIDE the headlight may do something? It doesn't really adjust but it is metal and if you get a screwdriver and poke it in there, you can move it up and down. But I dunno if it actually does something besides just reflect the light.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes, there is vertical aiming...

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1864812

Pull it up to a wall (your owner's manual actually tells you how to do all this too) and use the wall to help you correctly aim. You shoudl be able to tell if it's going up or down eventually.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know, thanks. Now im just trying to figure out which way you turn it to go up or down. Ill guess ill just play with it.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow....

I need to do that asap lol.

Edit - Just did it. Gotta go out for a drive later see if it helped. Thanks Amy.