Aiming my 7th gen Headlights.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I need help adjusting my stock 04-05 headlight, i want to know how to aim side to side on the drivers side, i already found how to Aim them up and down. I used a philips screw driver for it on the adjusting screw right next to the power steering pump, but i want to bring the aim the driver's side more to the left, for better visibility. because it's hard to see stuff on the left sometimes at night.

And yeah i know you're supposed to have the drivers side headlight aimed more to the right but it's just not as good as my dad's 93 accord.

So if anyone has a diagram or anything that would be great.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nobody can help me? :((

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Anyone...? i'm sure they're the same as the 01-03 headlights

...Do i really have to buy a service manual ?(if aligning it is in there to start with)

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thanks man! atleast it's something! but i wonder if there's another adjustment screw on the 04-05's to aim the beam sideways. i can't find it.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
youre not supposed to adjust the left/right aim. theres a technical reason but i forget. it wont do anything anyway. and alot of headlights dont even have that adjustment. the ones that do (sedans) have the gear covered with a plastic shield.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
gearbox said:
youre not supposed to adjust the left/right aim. theres a technical reason but i forget. it wont do anything anyway. and alot of headlights dont even have that adjustment. the ones that do (sedans) have the gear covered with a plastic shield.
Exactly what i was thinking. but i believe the 04-05 all have the same headlight assembly. I just wish the drivers side would look a little bit more to the left, even though i know it's supposed to be aimed slightly to the right, so you dont blind the on coming drivers. but it feels like the driver's side beam is just not lighting the road for me enough sometimes. Making the beam higher helped a bit. i'm gonna check out other 7th gens to see if the beam is aimed like mine.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
time to upgrade the bulbs maybe? these are philips vision plus (+50) and there is alot of light for me. this pic is 01-03 stock housing. the 04-05 have better optics and should have an even brighter beam. i passed one before and could tell the difference.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm using 9006 Silverstar Ultras(love them!). Yeah i just know the Lighting could be so much better if they could be aimed better!

I thought you had Projectors Gearbox?

btw since you know a lot about Headlights. What's the closest i can get to getting some replacements for my silverstars when they burn out without having to go broke? because i had the original silverstars before and they blew within a year but got like 10 bucks off the ultras (supposebly they last longer but have no idea how longer...) those philips look pretty good too.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i switched back to stock lights, other hid ones broke and im selling now. but yeah stick with the clear bulb for most light. any clear +50 bulb is good, there are others too and a new philips with a small coating on the tip thats supposed to be a +80. i like all clear tho. check www.autolamps-online.com

if you want to take the headlight off, you can look for the gear if you have it and remove the plastic cover so you can adjust it. see here its the one off to the bottom with the white capsule over it. for 01-03 tho, dont know about 04-05

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah i found the little gear. But that's to aim it up or down with a screwdriver. and if you're saying removing the cover off the actual headlight and saying there's another screw to align them, then i don't think i want to go through the trouble. I feel like i might f up something.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no not the arrow one, its the one on the bottom right corner in the pic, that has a white plastic piece on it.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ohhhh Alright, thanks man, i will try to find that one sometime tonight, without removing the headlight.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i looked up a pic on ebay, and i only see one gear in the middle. maybe if you get the passwordjdm ones they will have two adjusters

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Damn forgot to check, i washed her and did everything today too, lol

g7s

5+ Year Member
hey gearbox, since you had the projector ones before, do you kno how to adjust the projector ones, like i find the light pretty concentrated, and bright, but the only downfall for me is that they are aiming too low soo you kno how to aim the projectors up a lil??

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its the same thing, there should be two bolts at the back of the projector, you need to be facing a wall so you can see how the heam moves by adjusting them. here is how my old projectors used to look. you want the cutoffs to be level and the top cut to be 2 inch below the height of the projector from the ground. you need to be on flat ground too.

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gearbox said:
its the same thing, there should be two bolts at the back of the projector, you need to be facing a wall so you can see how the heam moves by adjusting them. here is how my old projectors used to look. you want the cutoffs to be level and the top cut to be 2 inch below the height of the projector from the ground. you need to be on flat ground too.

At what distance from the wall?

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you always aim 25 feet from wall. i think i was on a slant for that pic, i aimed mine somewhere else. its just to give you an idea of the leveling of the beams with each other.