air fuel ratio sensor wiring

boostedjd

i have a 90 civic si with an obd0 to obd 2 coversion harness running an obd2 computer and i am trying to wire in my air fuel ratio sensor into my computer so it can read it. ive looked around and it seems like they have 29 different answers on which wire is the sensor signal input to the computer. does anyone have a pinout of the obd2 computer from a reliable source or know which wire is the signal wire?

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A wideband is not a viable input into the car's ECU, it is a linear voltage source and the ECU operates off of pulse signalling. AKA: wiring in your wideband will do nothing for you.

if you are talking about a straight O2 sensor going from a 1 wire ( OBD0) to a 4 Wire ( OBD2) it is as follows:\

its pretty simple. what your going to do is this:
1. take your single wire o2 sensor
2. attach the signal wire from your engine harness to the 4 wire o2 sensor
3. looking at the back side of a civic/integra 92+ o2 sensor you will connect it to this slot:

top left pin
4. your done.

essentially your bypassing the heater signal, power supply and ground. making it a regular non-heated o2 sensor.

Orange and black wire, splice in the green wire to it. White leave alone. Yellow and black leave alone.

boostedjd

I have the innovate motorsports db wideband with the lc-1 on it and I did some research and found out there is 2 wires for data logging one is yellow if you want to run it as a narrowband to replace your stock ok and the other is brown if you want to run it as a wideband for tuning so I just spliced that brown wire into d14 on the ecu (the ok input signal wire) and in am running Neptune and it reads the voltage of the ok perfectly