Alarm system help

earlybill1

I'm looking to put a alarm on my civic are the ebay alarms any good and or which brand should I get I want to make sure it unlocks the doors with a 4 or 5 button remote even the trunk but none of them really say if they do that cam someone shoot me some advice please thanks

Droidx,97CIVIC

Vtec Missing

i wouldnt go with a ebay alarm. Spend money on a good alarm. Get something like a viper, Avital, or Prestige. check out sonic electronix.com and you can check out features and reviews to help you pick out alarm.

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
Get any Directed Electronics brand 2-way alarm, and remember to buy accessories for your alarm like a back up battery, tilt motion sensor, mini piezo alarm, etc and have installed stealthy.

gugiey

Registered VIP
Get any Directed Electronics brand 2-way alarm, and remember to buy accessories for your alarm like a back up battery, tilt motion sensor, mini piezo alarm, etc and have installed stealthy.
most civics don't need a back up battery or a tilt motion sensor or any of that junk . unless you have a million dollor civic .

you best bet is to go to a alarm place and tell them you want a basic griffon or viper alarm . they can hoke up your power locks for you and
they can put a starter kill on it .

I wouldn't worry about unlocking your trunk that gets expensive .

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
most civics don't need a back up battery or a tilt motion sensor or any of that junk . unless you have a million dollor civic .

you best bet is to go to a alarm place and tell them you want a basic griffon or viper alarm . they can hoke up your power locks for you and
they can put a starter kill on it .

I wouldn't worry about unlocking your trunk that gets expensive .
If you live in a high theft area, chances are thieves know exactly what to do to disable a "basic alarm". Simpy disconnecting the positive cable of the battery and you're screwed. Hence the need for a back up battery.
And what if the thieves have access to a tow truck and just tow it away? Or want to just steal the wheels? Hence the need for a tilt motion sensor.
You can never be too safe nowadays, hondas are getting stolen everyday, left and right, whether it be the accord being stolen for joyrides/ illegal activities by breaking the ignition switch, to civics and integras getting stripped for their swaps.