Alarm

SI-Blue

So i got this new SI and it has an alarm on it and I can't figure out where the controls are so i can mess with the alarm, b/c the alarm is acting up

xWIREMANx

Aftermarket alarm? Controls? Can you be mor specific to what you mean and what problems you are having? Most alarms you wont want to mess with unless you have the install manual. That is where all the programming features are listed and how to change them. The alarm is most likely shoved up underneeth the drivers side dash. You may not be able to acces it unless you take off the dash depending on where the installer put it.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you are talking about an aftermarket alarm, it could practically be anywhere in the car. Basic installs put it somewhere up above the steering column, behind the glove box, or near the fuse panel. If it is a good hidden install you are going to have a lot of fun digging it out. Mine for instance I hid behind the ac controls and it isn't easily accessed. I also integrated the wiring and loomed it like stock, so you can't just trace wires to find it. Makes it very hard for car jackers to find and disconnect.

You are going to have to do some digging and unless you hit a one in a billion shot that the person who installed it is part of this forum, you are going to have to get your hands dirty. There is literally a TON of places it could be if it is a good hidden install. There is a reason they don't just keep them out in the open.

SI-Blue

Yeah its an aftermarket alarm! Viper, Dang! Guess I have too dig it up or just leave it if it's that much of a problem but thanks!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would say that your best bet is going to be poking around under the dash. You may get lucky and it was a quick basic install. Look for wires that are out of place and follow them. Sometimes you can follow the horn wires from the engine bay back into the car and see where they end up. Most of the time horns aren't hidden like they should and are easy to track the wires.