Anthony's Clover Green '00 EX Coupe

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
Just wanted to start a thread for my car.
I purchased this very original '00 EX Coupe in Clover Green in IL on 1/4/16 from the 2nd owner,
who had it since 50K, and owned it since 2006.
I had a new exhaust installed on it and upgraded the speakers front and rear to my Rockford Fosgates so the sound's amazing, like it should.
Washed the car and engine bay.
'00 EX Clover Green 1 (Custom).jpg '00 EX Clover Green 2 (Custom).jpg 20160122_190915 (Custom).jpg
Next I'm going to remove the rusty brackets you see and grind the rust off and paint them black once the weather gets warmer. Also going to put a larger CAI. I also need to do a little paint touch up. Car only has 133k orginal miles.

Last edited:

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
Today I removed the cluster and cleaned it and painted the black bezel Clover Green to match.
20160124_152014 (Custom).jpg 20160124_154126 (Custom).jpg

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not bad. Any suspension plans?

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking good Anthony. I'm curious what your long term plans are as well

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
Okay so I switched out the radios. Went from this old Kenwood to my Pioneer I had in my Altima. 20160125_140050.jpg 20160125_170558.jpg

Still trying to figure out why the bulbs aren't shining down on my needles anymore... I've ordered Blue LEDs to replace them, so they should be coming soon. (Trust me, I tried everything, flipped 'em over, changed the bulbs, changed the bulb they get power from, so next is to put LED's in them.
20160125_173821.jpg

Monday I will be going to the junkyard to get a H for my grille, mine is broken.
I also ordered a front upper stabilizer bar and I will be replacing the CAI with a much larger one.
As far as future mods, probably will be left mostly stock, just the way it is.
I may put coilovers on it and drop it about 1".
Later this year it will be getting window tint, all the way around, and a full tuneup with NGK Blue Spark plug wires, cap & rotor, plugs and a oil change.
(My '96 DX was slammed to the ground and I didn't like driving sideways over speedbumps)
I'll keep you guys updated on any progress I make.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why upgrade to a larger cold air intake when cold air intakes improve nothing on these engines? You're wasting your money.

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
I will be picking up a stock air filter box for this car when I get to the junkyard. I wonder if anyone has one laying around they don't want?

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
Not really sure what kind of coil overs I should consider.
All my other Civics had cut down stock springs.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Not really sure what kind of coil overs I should consider.
All my other Civics had cut down stock springs.
ouch that kinda hurt my ears.. lol. On a serious note I always suggest getting full bodied coilovers. I've never had any good experiences with coilover sleeves, although it is very popular to run Koni Yellow Shocks with Ground Control Sleeves and people say they love it.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
ouch that kinda hurt my ears.. lol. On a serious note I always suggest getting full bodied coilovers. I've never had any good experiences with coilover sleeves, although it is very popular to run Koni Yellow Shocks with Ground Control Sleeves and people say they love it.
thats only true if the you get extended top hats

lo-n-slo

Good looking car. I have the same color, with the gray interior. I wish mine had low miles like yours.
Let us know how the LEDs in the cluster worked.
I purchased a set of Raceland coil overs on my EG and I loved them. Up to 4" drop and I still improved ride quality over stock. And they had a good warranty. I think they're $300 now for a set. I'll be using the same ones for my EK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Good looking car. I have the same color, with the gray interior. I wish mine had low miles like yours.
Let us know how the LEDs in the cluster worked.
I purchased a set of Raceland coil overs on my EG and I loved them. Up to 4" drop and I still improved ride quality over stock. And they had a good warranty. I think they're $300 now for a set. I'll be using the same ones for my EK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not so sure that Raceland go that low on EKs

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
I might just keep the car all original so it could be the last all original EK. (Once I revert to the original air filter box it would be all original cept for audio.)
Still has the factory shift knob still.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to shine up that paint job and take a picture during a bright day. Clover Green is such a beautiful color.

Regarding the suspension, why not just go for good quality springs and struts?

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
And I would like to lower it a bit.
But also have the ability to raise it a bit, so I thought coilovers would be better...?
(Suggestions please?)
I will wax and shine it in a few days.
I received my US 1999 Honda Civic 30 Page Brochure which I just spent several hours scanning at 600dpi.
I also recieved my upper strut bar.
I will be installing it probably Monday and will get some updated pictures as well as interior pictures.

lo-n-slo

And I would like to lower it a bit.
But also have the ability to raise it a bit, so I thought coilovers would be better...?
(Suggestions please?)
I will wax and shine it in a few days.
I received my US 1999 Honda Civic 30 Page Brochure which I just spent several hours scanning at 600dpi.
I also recieved my upper strut bar.
I will be installing it probably Monday and will get some updated pictures as well as interior pictures.
If you ever decide to get rid of the car or part with some OEM pieces, let me know. I have the same car, with a nasty interior that I can't find good pieces to.