Anthony's Clover Green '00 EX Coupe

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
Okay guys got some updates.
Today at work my buddy brought his '01 Prelude to work so I parked next to him and got a shot.
I also removed the upper radiator bracket and used my wirewheel to get the rust off it and painted it Clover Green.
I did the same with all the bolts for my upper strut bar I installed. 20160130_134639.jpg DSCN1563 (Custom).JPG DSCN1564 (Custom).JPG DSCN1565 (Custom).JPG
I also have a funny story...
Yesterday I went to the bank and left my fiance in the
car with the key in the ignition so she could listen to the radio.
She thought it would be funny to roll up the windows and lock
the doors. When I pulled on the driverside door handle to open
the door, what was left of the handle was in my hand...
So now I REALLY need to go to the junkyard and get that handle.
She then thought it was even more funny when the handle broke.
I didn't find it as funny.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Okay guys got some updates.
Today at work my buddy brought his '01 Prelude to work so I parked next to him and got a shot.
I also removed the upper radiator bracket and used my wirewheel to get the rust off it and painted it Clover Green.
I did the same with all the bolts for my upper strut bar I installed.View attachment 27176 View attachment 27177 View attachment 27178 View attachment 27179
I also have a funny story...
Yesterday I went to the bank and left my fiance in the
car with the key in the ignition so she could listen to the radio.
She thought it would be funny to roll up the windows and lock
the doors. When I pulled on the driverside door handle to open
the door, what was left of the handle was in my hand...
So now I REALLY need to go to the junkyard and get that handle.
She then thought it was even more funny when the handle broke.
I didn't find it as funny.
that white prelude tho :0

I can't speak for the EK, but I had them on my EG 4 door and I could tuck the whole top of the tire on 15's. Here's a pick about half way dropped.
looks good but not low enough... my black works racing SS coil over can go down lower then that

Last edited by a moderator:

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
@lo-n-slo this my max drop right now on BlackWorksRacing SS coilovers. i just lowered it more since its gonna get warmer now spring is comping up. i was gonna buy a set of raceland coilover, but research tells me but they don't go down as low as this.. and some other coilovers like Ksport, Megan, and BC coilovers can. this is on 15s. if i had 16s my rim lip would be closer to my fender and also bring the car back up 1/2" higher.

IMG_0297.JPG

lo-n-slo

@lo-n-slo this my max drop right now on BlackWorksRacing SS coilovers. i just lowered it more since its gonna get warmer now spring is comping up. i was gonna buy a set of raceland coilover, but research tells me but they don't go down as low as this.. and some other coilovers like Ksport, Megan, and BC coilovers can. this is on 15s. if i had 16s my rim lip would be closer to my fender and also bring the car back up 1/2" higher.

View attachment 27193
I'll look at those blackworks for my coupe. I didn't have mine lowered all the way in the picture. They road almost nearly as smooth as factory and I didn't like rubbing, so I liked them for the price and warranty.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I'll look at those blackworks for my coupe. I didn't have mine lowered all the way in the picture. They road almost nearly as smooth as factory and I didn't like rubbing, so I liked them for the price and warranty.
ok ok lucky you got nice roads lol roads here in ny are horrible but even so the SS was design for street use the other ones like megan,bc, skunk2, they ride really stiff and on shitty roads like here you do get a lot of bounces. all thought my other friend had tried out D2 coilovers really smooth and comfortable for its its price range even on these shitty roads no bounces and it absorbed all the bumps even big deep pot hole only felt like it was super tiny one on max drop.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
also blackworks racing are around 500-600$ so its still a bit easy on your wallet unlike d2 and other brands which are 900$ and up

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
also blackworks racing are around 500-600$ so its still a bit easy on your wallet unlike d2 and other brands which are 900$ and up
My D2 Super Lows were $910, worth every single penny. They go extremely low and ride amazing for how low they sit. Dampening adjusting and everything. I tuck full tire on the rear, to fronts sit a little higher but all you need to do is get drop forks to even out to tucking full tire all around. So far it's the best coilovers I've driven on at this height. 14k front and 8.5k rear feel pretty good tbh.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
My D2 Super Lows were $910, worth every single penny. They go extremely low and ride amazing for how low they sit. Dampening adjusting and everything. I tuck full tire on the rear, to fronts sit a little higher but all you need to do is get drop forks to even out to tucking full tire all around. So far it's the best coilovers I've driven on at this height. 14k front and 8.5k rear feel pretty good tbh.
yea for 500$ for mine still rides nice and smooth on bumpy roads at max drop

Anthony_76

5+ Year Member
I would appreciate it if you wouldn't discuss coilovers in my thread for my project, thank you guys.
Well I finally got the Blue LED's in my cluster.
I can see my gauge needles again!
I also got my factory Honda blank cut so now I have a factory key.
The needles have a bit of a blue glow to them, but not like my F-150.
20160201_234818_HDR.jpg
Here's what my F150 cluster looks like with Blue 194's.
DSC_0646.JPG
H 20160201_121747_HDR.jpg 20160201_121722.jpg